Author Topic: Some Advice Please  (Read 4091 times)

Offline traction1

• Posting Member
Hi its my first time here, I've been reading some of the posts and I'm unsure if I have gynecomastia or if its just a problem of being overweight.

I've always been very conscious of my "breasts" I wear massive coats and jackets in the middle of summer and hate going out (even to the shops).

I've always been very shy and I really hat the way I look, I've tried the whole diet and exercise thing over and over again but just get frustrated by the fact that my weight seems to go up not down.

I'm 19 now and I've been this way for as long as I can remember.

I Would just like anybody's help or advice as to whether it actually is gynecomastia or if i just need to do a lot of exercise.

Thanks in advance, here are the links to the photos:

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p38/some1mages/DSCF0151.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p38/some1mages/DSCF0154.jpg

Offline SUCKemOUT

• Posting Member
Hi,
Looks to me like the classic gyno appearance.  :'(  Do you feel any "hardness" behind your nipples when you squeeze them? Deiting will definatley make them a bit smaller but you will always have the "hanging" look until you have the surgery. Nothing to be ashamed of, were all here for the same thing.

I just had the surgery done this past Tuesday and so far so good. Where are you located? My Doctor is in NJ.

Good luck in whatever you decided!  :D

Offline traction1

• Posting Member
Hi

Thanks for the very fast reply. I can feel "hardness" behind my nipple, is this a sign of gynecomastia? (sorry I'm a bit of a newbie). Would you think this could be a case for surgery or would that be a waste of time.

Im located in the UK

Thanks again.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2006, 10:37:07 AM by traction1 »

Offline traction1

• Posting Member
Oh, sorry forgot to mention, Congratulations on the surgery.

Offline SUCKemOUT

• Posting Member
Hi,

Unfortunatley the only way to get rid of Gynecomastia is surgery. What you're describing is definatley Gyne. As long as you find yourself a reputable Doctor, you'll have a great experience!

Don't be worried, just do lots of research. As soon as I get a chance, I'll take some post OP pics. I was so excited to have the surgery, I forgot to take pre op pics  :o

Tare care!

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
Traction1, I think you really should be seeing an endocrynologist first to check your hormone situation.  Once you're sure the hormones are in proper balance then surgery will be the solution for the gyne.  From my personal experience the surgery is not very painful and definitely worth the cost and trouble.  Exercise is good for you, but it won't get rid of your gynecomastia.  
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline traction1

• Posting Member
Thanks for all the great advice. Ill certainly do more research but can't afford the surgery right now. I'm in the UK though so I might be able to get it on the NHS.

Offline reymysterio

• Bronze Member
A good diet and working out are very helpful for surgery.
One more thing: surgery doesn't give you a perfect chest, so keep your expectations realistic.

Good Luck
You can find the success before sweating only on your dictionary.

Offline traction1

• Posting Member
Thanks reymysterio, i'll take that on board

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
the hardness is one gyne indicator, but the jacket details etc in your story are telltales too.  make sure you do some reading on the uk boards as well, they have good advice in dealing with the nhs versus private, you have to make sure you don't get a general surgeon with no sense of the demands of fixing gyne particularly.  welcome.   :)
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline traction1

• Posting Member
thanks headheldhigh01 that's good advice about the surgeon. i think my GP is fairly clueless too! on my next day off im gonna read all the topics on the uk boards.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024