Author Topic: Surgery next week  (Read 7640 times)

Offline 808gyno

• Posting Member
  • Upon further review, I'm not as cool as I thought.
Scheduled my gynecomastia surgery with Dr. Gregory Caputy in Honolulu, Hawaii.  After our exam and consult, the Doc said he didn't notice any gland and will be using UAL to remedy this.  He did agree to perform a visual inspection once I'm on the chopping block and excise any glandular tissue as needed.  Pretty nervous and excited to get rid of this 20 year problem!!

Offline Bradley07

• Silver Member
good luck on your surgery. most people aren't happy with lipo alone. usually they are only happy after excision, so emphasize that fact to your surgeon before the surgery, ok? take care.  :)

Offline 808gyno

• Posting Member
good luck on your surgery. most people aren't happy with lipo alone. usually they are only happy after excision, so emphasize that fact to your surgeon before the surgery, ok? take care.  :)

Thanks, brother.  Tomorrows the big dance and I can't wait!!

Offline shootz

• Posting Member
wassup everybody, i'm new to this board and i just want to say that i feel right at home. i've been living with this sh*t since i was 9 years old.

808, so how did the surgery go? any problems?.... i think i might roll with your doctor too. let me know.

Offline 808gyno

• Posting Member
Howzit Shootz!  I don't think that I made a good choice in doctors, sad to say.  He insisted that he could get everything with his "Ultrasonic-assisted Liposuction" method, but I am 3 weeks post-op and can tell that I'll be needing revision surgery.  So, unless you have "pseudogynecomastia", make sure you find a surgeon who will do both gland excision and liposuction.  In retrospect, I should have known better since I have very little fat on my body.  Like I said, if you have glandular gyne then make sure you go with a doctor who will cut it out!  No matter what they tell you, it's pretty much impossible for lipo to rid you of the gland.

Offline desi

• Gold Member
pls guys! i would highly recommend not to go for lipo only... check out dr. Bermants site.. it is mentioned that most of the cases are mixed gyno, where gland is mixed with fat (im translating the same thing, any corrections, pls do so now)...its best to cut it out... my ps also told me there is no gland.. i went for lipo only..now im lookin for another ps... haste is waste.. lesson learnt..

Formerly, 'Fattgayee', as in 'Torn Apart' or more so 'I am Screwed' :)

Offline shootz

• Posting Member
808... i know its glandular because i dropped a very significant amount of weight a few years ago and the gyno was still present. just to give you an idea at that time i was 6 ft. tall and weighed about 145lbs., just skin and bones!!! now im about 220 lbs.

do you know anyone on oahu that removes the gland??? also, did your health insurance cover part of the surgery and/ or what was the cost? i know it was just for the removal of fat but i just wanted an idea. not sure if the doctors down here are more expensive then the mainland doctors.

Offline 808gyno

• Posting Member
Yeah, the Docs down here tend to be more expensive than the ones in the Mainland, but if you consider the costs incurred while traveling you'll notice that the finances balance themselves out.  I just had surgery done with a very prominent plastic surgeon on Oahu...not so good results though.  He insisted that "...the new Ultrasonic Liposuction Method" would fix me up just fine.  When all was said and done I was in the same boat, but just on a smaller scale.  It is sooo worth it to go with a surgeon who will excise AND lipo ...don't let ANYONE tell you that lipo is enough no matter HOW mild your case may be.  I may get in trouble for this, but do NOT go with any docs that may work for the company whos initials are "Aesthetica Plastic Surgery"...whoops  >:(  Let me know if you like talk story little bit.  Shoots, Shootz.

Offline pg1976

Hey 808,
I'm from Honolulu and suffer from Gyne too. By the way, how are you doing and how are the results so far? I have been looking for doctors here on this island. Have you heard of Dr. Miller and Dr. Shim Ching? I was wondering if you could share with us the dollar amount yo spent on this procedure. Cost is my biggest concern. Did your insurance cover anything? Thanks for sharing your thoughts on Lipo + Gland excision. Helps a lot to be informed.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
808... i know its glandular because i dropped a very significant amount of weight a few years ago and the gyno was still present. just to give you an idea at that time i was 6 ft. tall and weighed about 145lbs., just skin and bones!!!

Same here dude. In 1990, I got my weight down to 148 lbs @ 6 ft. I was very thin but still, the gyne remained.   

:-\ :-\ :-\

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024