Author Topic: Should I stop going to the gym before operation?  (Read 5438 times)

Offline icywind

• Posting Member
I've just started going to the gym to pick up some muscle but I am unsure if it makes the doctors' job harder if I am to take an operation in a few months time?  ::)

And would all my chest muscle go bye bye after the operation?  :o

Offline wolfman

• keep fighting my friends
no the doc job will not be harder if u lift weights. and no again the doc only takes away the fat and the gland . He will not take away your muscle. u will not be able to lift in a couple of weeks after surgery so u can loose some strength in your muscle but they will not go away

MVH Wolfman
i finally feel like im a man

Offline manzeer

• Posting Member
By all means no. In fact, do as much cardio as you can prior. You are going to be required to remain inactive for an extended period of time.(everyone heals differently so exact amount of time hard to pin point...4wks+-) I'm 12 days post op and ready to tear the walls down. Feel fine can raise my arms to full extension, have done one push-up to test, can jump up-down. All without any pain. Sure I can feel where the surgery(lipo/excision) was and know something happened. I have trained with far worse injuries in the past. But I didn't pay $$ for those. Had the stitches removed on Wed 12-20. Dr. said not to do anything for at least two more weeks. He said sure you can do anything you want but it will swell, hurt, and increase the healing time. So, again, if you are active and have a current routine do as much as you can before to cut weight and possibly over train so a "rest period" would be welcome. Have fun.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024