Author Topic: Sadgyneguy's Pre Op Post Op Pics  (Read 5546 times)

Offline sadgyneguy

• Gold Member
  • Gyne transformed me into a living dead.
To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did...

Dr Benjamin Herbosa's Contact Info (Dr Benny)

Offline nukem2k5

• Breasts belong on women!
From my limited knowledge about gyne, I think that you do indeed have some gland, not just fat, and that it should be removed.  

I suggest you go back to the doc and discuss your options in terms of having the gland removed.  Personally, I see no reason to ever have just lipo if you have gyne because fat can always come back, and the gland will still be there.

I know that's not what you want to hear but you should probably only have to pay for the excision.  Any more lipo that needs to be done should be free because you didn't get the proper results from your last lipo op.

Anybody agree?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2005, 10:51:26 PM by nukem2k5 »
Reborn on May 24, 2005
Surgery Cost: $4,040
Dr. David Metzner - New Orleans, LA
My Photos
Two Years Post-Op Photos

DrBermant

From my limited knowledge about gyne, I think that you do indeed have some gland, not just fat, and that it should be removed.  

I suggest you go back to the doc and discuss your options in terms of having the gland removed.  Personally, I see no reason to ever have just lipo if you have gyne because fat can always come back, and the gland will still be there.

I know that's not what you want to hear but you should probably only have to pay for the excision.  Any more lipo that needs to be done should be free because you didn't get the proper results from your last lipo op.

Anybody agree?

In my opinion, photographs alone are typically not enough to determine the exact technique necessary for primary nor secondary chest sculpture.  In most cases there is both gland and fat causing the problem.  Excision alone often results in a crater deformity.  I prefer my Dynamic Technique that permits me to use what I find during surgery guide what needs to be done.  

Secondary Male Chest Sculpture can often help, but it frequently needs both excision, liposuction, and possibly other sulpture for good contouring.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline nukem2k5

Yeah, like he said, surgery usually involves both excision and lipo.  Talk to your doctor and see what he says about you getting excision and maybe a little more lipo to help with the sculpting.

Offline sadgyneguy

• Gold Member
  • Gyne transformed me into a living dead.
thanks for the advices. do you think that there will be improvements in the future?  :-[

Offline nukem2k5

I definitely think that having the gland removed would be a great improvement, but just keeping things the way they are I don't know how much better things will be.

I've only been around here for a little while but I've come to believe that the gland is what you really need to remove because it's what makes the ugly protuberance.  The fat can be naturally controlled/removed through exercise, whereas the gland cannot, and so excision of the gyne gland is what you need surgery for.  

I know it's not an easy thing to hear that you just had surgery and will probably need it again.  You should ask around for more advice from this board but I'm fairly sure everyone will tell you what I just said.  Just go to your doc and discuss getting the gland removed.  If he won't do it, find a new PS.

Offline vaio

• Gyne free, is the way to be!
You need to go back and have gland excision. Its very simple. Find a decent local plastic surgeon. Shoudlnt cost you more than $3,000 of you go that route.

Good luck
$2,800 = Freedom!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/album?.dir=7e36&.src=ph&am p;store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/my_photos

Offline Seattle000

• Bronze Member
Hopefully your previous surgeon will fix the issue for free (you should be open with him/her about the fact that you're not happy with your results)

Offline Vizia

• Silver Member
  • (.Y.)
Good luck, man. I hope you keep up us updated, sadgyneguy.
"God is dead" - Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead" - God

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
I agree with Seattle.  Go back to your PS and show your pictures.  It's just slightly improved.  They never removed your glandular tissue.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024