Author Topic: My story/intro.  (Read 3511 times)

Offline delta

• Posting Member
First off i'd like to say that I have alot of respect for all of you being able to be so open about your problem.
I am new here, and have kind of been in the dark for a long time.

I am 21 years old, and have had gyne since I was 10-11. Growing up I had alot of problems, It was always a big deal what people thought of me, even if they didn't say anything I always thought I was viewed differently than everyone else and I isolated myself because of this. This wasn't my only problem though I also have tourettes syndrom, which didn't help how I felt either (please don't confuse it with the stereo-typical screaming/lashing out thing). For a long time I never really knew what was wrong with me, and was even too afraid to confront my doctor or anyone else about it. I've suffered from severe depression in the past, though i've learned to cope with it for the most part but I still feel the same way to this date when I leave my house and it really bothers me.
Recently i've been reading alot about this online and decided to do something about it, though I really don't know how to aproach it and to be quite honest, kind of scared.

Not very much of a story, more so an introduction. Sorry, haven't slept in 2 days and it's getting to me.

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member
Hi Delta,

That’s a fine introduction so welcome to the boards.  When I found this website I felt so much better knowing I wasn’t alone with the problem.  Reading other sufferers stories and accounts of surgery etc gave me a direction.  I hope this website does the same for you.

There is a lot of information on here; I would suggest you read as much as you can.  It might help you decide what, if anything, you want to do about your gyne.  Knowing there is a way out of a problem and having people around you who can help, is a great way out of the darkness.

Feel free to ask questions.  You are among friends here.  :)

Surgery performed by Mr Levick at The Priory Hospital Bimingham (UK) 20th October 2006

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
fear is natural, but that doesn't mean it has to stop you from going forward.  and good enough as stories go. 

I have alot of respect for all of you being able to be so open about your problem.
a lot easier with this great thing called the relative anonymity of the internet  ;)
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline TiredofIt

• Bronze Member
Welcome, delta.

This board helped me conquer gynecomastia, and I hope it helps you, too.

Offline delta

• Posting Member
Thanks for the welcome, I will be sure to read as much as I can when able.

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member

This board is not only for men with gyno...it's for their families too.

Excellent point Bklyngrl and well made.  It was only after my girlfriend started to read some of the post on here at my suggestion, that she really got to empathise with the way it was affecting me.  Your point about gynecomastia affecting more than the sufferer is perfectly valid.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024