Author Topic: Fat or Gyne?  (Read 3607 times)

Offline DF

• Posting Member
OK, I know I am not the image of health.  Am I just fat or is it a case of gyne?  By the way, the left nipple has always drooped like that.  It's actually the same size as the right one but looks smaller because of the droopage.  Can you rate me?

Thanks!

http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/4469/hpim1102ra6.jpg

http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/647/hpim1104ew3.jpg

http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/2389/hpim1103po1.jpg

http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/7853/hpim1105je8.jpg

Offline Jamama

• Posting Member
You have excess fat.  It isnt obvious that you have gyno, so hit the gym, get into better shape, and then see where you are at.

Offline DF

• Posting Member
I am 5'9" and 165 lbs.  I am 34 years old and do not exercise.  Over the past 5-6 years I have gained 30 lbs. and it has all gone to my belly (obviously), my boobs, and my neck.  My arms and legs are still very skinny.

Not sure if you remember, but I am the guy who was referred to a surgeon by my family doctor because he didn't really feel anything, but a surgeon might know what to look for better.  The surgeon barely examined me and said he felt a "knot" in my right boob, and maybe a very small one in my left one.  He immediately started describing how he was going to cut below my nipple and remove the tissue.  He said once they remove the tissue they usually send it out for pathology just to make sure it is benign. 

I am scheduled for surgery on March 1st, but I have made an appt. for a second opinion in the meantime.  I am scared to death and I do not want the surgery unless it is necessary to rule out other medical problems.  Are there other diagnostic procedures that would show if it is just fat, glandular or tumor?  And why did this guy immediately decide on surgery before any other tests were done?  He seems a little too eager to cut.

Offline DF

• Posting Member
So, am I just fat?

Offline DF

• Posting Member
Can an ultrasound or mammogram determine between fat, gland or tumor?

Offline DF

• Posting Member
If that is the case, then I am going to make sure they do some sort of imaging before they suggest surgery.  My second opinion is tomorrow.  Wish me luck.

Offline DF

• Posting Member
OK, I just had my second opinion.  This guy was much cooler.  He talked to me for about fifteen minutes before he even examined me and was very open and informative.  He is ordering a vist with an endo and an ultrasound just to confirm that is what it is.  He also said if it is not bothering me, then he would chalk my case up to "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."  I feel much better now.  I appreciate everyone's help and understanding.

Offline **Gynefor**

• 37 yo - 184 cm - 82 kg
The best piece of advice one could give you first is to try the gym and see what happens. Is it better or not ? If not, then take the next step which would be to go and see a PS or an endocrinologist, make a blood test... Kepp us posted. Thanks

Offline DF

• Posting Member
I had my ultrasound and mammogram yesterday.  All the results were completely normal.  It only showed fat.  Not sure exactly what caused the tenderness and slight swelling a few weeks ago.  This whole experience has been very humbling and eye-opening.

Offline glasgow

• Posting Member
hi i,m new to this site and beleieve i have gyne... I,m 18 and have always been overweight but have never had a problem with my breasts size until recently (around one year), I dont want to go to GP as i know they will just tell me its a weight problem but the fact is i know myself this is not a weight problem and i,m terrified to lose weight as i believe they will look bigger if i do!! Has anyone got similar problem as i need help, its completly destroyed my life at the moment

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024