Author Topic: Surgery with Delgado (sf bay area) and pictures  (Read 5561 times)

Offline moosehd2

• Posting Member
My story is pretty much the same as everyone else's. Had it since 13 or 14 and always thought/hoped it would go away. They bounced when I ran and I'd get looks when the shirt came off (which was about once every few years). I always weighed around 165 at 6' tall. After coming back from backpacking through Europe and weighed around 145-150, I knew it wasn't a weight thing. I had known about this forum for a couple years and finally decided I could do it now (age 22) and get it over with and enjoy my 20s without being self-conscious all the time. I found out about Delgado and his extensive experience in the procedure and went in for a consult. I remember reading some posts here where people didn't really like his personality. I thought he was a good guy. He's direct but he took time with me and chatted. To be completely honest, I just wanted to know the price so I could write a check. I already knew I wanted the surgery with him before I got to the office. He showed me some before and after pictures of cases just like me and the results were fantastic. I scheduled the surgery a few days later and was able to land a slot in the following week. Went in for the pre-op appointment and got a booklet on everything and what medicine to take and what not. For those wondering, Delgado does both lipo and the gland excision for his surgeries. He also does a vest for 6 weeks and drains for about a week. I didn’t like the idea of drains hanging off of me but after having them I wondered how some doc’s don’t use them. I had fluid drain into them. Not a lot but enough that would have made me worried had I not had drains.

I was scheduled in the afternoon and Delgado was doing two other gyne operations that day in addition to mine. The surgery itself went well. I showed up, the anesthesiologist (Dr. Gaynor) came in, asked me what music I'd like to hear and then hooked me up to the I.V. I never got a chance to hear the music since I went under pretty quickly. Woke up, not woozy (Gaynor's great), with bandages on my chest and drains coming out of the side of me. I got home and couldn't wait to see the results. I couldn’t tell the difference since I was wearing a compression vest and had to wait 6 days when I had to go in to get the drains out to see the results. I took work off those days and just sat around, not bad at all. At the 6th day, I went in and my god, the first drain Delgado pulled out felt like half my insides were being torn out with it. The other side, I felt nothing. I remember reading some posts where they felt tremendous pain and others who felt nothing. I guess I got both. I was lying at an angle so I couldn't really see the true result but it was looking good. When he left so I could change I got up and checked the mirror and smiled. It was a normal looking chest and after feeling it, I guess I actually have some pec muscle. When I was leaving I giddily told Delgado thanks and left smiling.

For me, I just had one chance and I wanted it to go smoothly so the price didn’t affect me. My surgery was about 7k once everything was added up and it was well worth it knowing that I had a surgeon that does so many a year (for about 20 years) like Delgado does.

The pictures of post op are from about 2 ¾ months after surgery. I wore a t-shirt to work the other day (first time wearing a t-shirt in public in about 5 years) and can’t wait for summer so I can go swimming again. It’s astonishing how just a little bit of a gland can change so many things. I now walk proudly into the wind without feeling self-conscious. Message if you had any questions about the surgery or Delgado.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 10:42:06 PM by moosehd2 »

Offline gyneinhell

• Posting Member
great results  :D

did you only consult with Dr Delgado?  did you read Dr Bermant's website?  what made you choose Dr Delgado?
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 06:24:08 AM by cleanup »

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
that's cool to see, milder case like mine.  you said he does lipo and excision, was it both for you, or just excision? 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline moosehd2

• Posting Member
Headheldhigh01: I had both lipo and excision. He said he usually does both for his patients. That was one of the reasons I chose him since I know some doctors will only do one or the other, or they charge more for each procedure (though others do both as well). I just didn't want to do one and realize after the bandages came off that they needed to do some more work. I just wanted it over with the first time. If your case is like mine, you'll be very pleased with surgery if you're considering it. I used to think about gyne every day. Now, only when the wind blows and I remember I don't have to tug at the shirt :).

gyneinhell: Thanks, it feels great! Yeah, I read about Bermant. What sold me was the fact that the info on Delgado seemed quite positive. He is looked at as an expert in the field and has been doing many of these each year for a very long time. But what really sold me were the pictures other users on this forum posted. Their cases were like mine and they had surgery with Delgado and achieved the look I wanted. I checked on Bermant and other doctors but I didn't really feel 100% sure that they'd give me what I wanted from what I read and saw. It seemed like the others fixed the problem (excised or lipo'd) but didn't really have the "art" of plastics, if that makes sense. What I mean is the other doctors I researched got rid of gyne, technically, but after consulting with Delgado, I realized he really cared about sculpting the chest the way I wanted it. I just said "flat" and that was enough, but after my surgery and seeing his photo book, I'd say he is very good at what he does. But, yes, the only surgeon I consulted with was Delgado. Bermant and the others might be fantastic, but I just felt comfortable going directly to Delgado. I remember reading people who felt uncomfortable with Delgado but after meeting him I knew he'd be great. He not only cares about the patient but he really cares about doing a good job, for his ego as well. I felt as though he'd do the best job he could also because he didn't want to let himself do anything but. What it comes down to is I am extremely happy with the results he gave me but it's also important for anyone considering the surgery to be sure that they believe the surgeon they choose will give them the results they are looking for.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 06:24:33 AM by cleanup »

Offline TigerKneeCrush

• Posting Member
  • Muay Thai King
    • Facebook
dude man i live in San Jose and i got Dr. Sutkin. that guy sucks man. i shoulda got Delgado

Offline TigerKneeCrush

• Posting Member
  • Muay Thai King
    • Facebook
yeah i'm going back to Dr. Sutkin for another look

Offline Pacifico

• Silver Member
Thanks for the posts guys!  I am scheduled with Delgado in late December.  I am 32 and have suffered with the big G for 15 years, my life has been good, but every day every minute I think about my chest and do so much to hide it.  It's truly is amazing what us guys will do to cover something up, from the way we sit in a chair, a car, or act around a girl friend, or anybody who is not family--it's crazy.  If we had a penny for every worry, every thought, we be billionares. 

I chose Delgado over Bermant for 2 reasons.  Delgado, I believe, is the best at dealing with loose skin.  He trys to avoid scars at all costs by removing fat just under the skin so it retains more elasticity (less likely to remove skin).  Secondly he is close to my home.  I think a surgeon will make sure to try his best if he will see you again for the next few months.  Now, I think Bermant is a great surgeon, and he has been a wonderful blessing to the Gyno community--so thanks Dr. B!  Also, Delgado is very humble, and that's respectable.

Thanks for all your posts and Merle you rock and have balls of steel for exposing yourself to the world!  (every gyne suffers worst fear)  You have done a great service for thousands!!!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2008, 04:29:32 PM by Pacifico »

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Thanks for all your posts and Merle you rock and have balls of steel for exposing yourself to the world!  (every gyne suffers worst fear)  You have done a great service for thousands!!!

Here, here!!!

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024