Author Topic: pushups - good or no?  (Read 10056 times)

Offline huhu

• Posting Member
Hello guys, this is my 1st message

I was wondering if doing pushups, hence toning up the pectorals, will make gyne worse or better

do you recommend doing pushups or you think it can make the situation worse?

thanks ;)

Offline moobius

• Gold Member
in my experience, bulking and toning up the chest seemed to make it a little less noticable to others, but MUCH more noticable to me... the more i trained, the more i was unhappy about how my chest looked.   a bulked/toned chest will be much more gratifying after surgery.

Offline W1NNER

• Posting Member
hello mate,

everyone has there own views on this, but i personally think working out with Gyne is a good thing, press ups a great way of building muscle annd strenght for your chest and arms, working out gives you alot of other benefits such as better quailty sleep, more energy, more focus, and confidence. Like moobus said before me if you are seriously considering having surgury the results of working out will be far more rewarding after surgury as you will be in much better phyical shape..  Doing press ups wont turn you into Arnie over night but can help make the chest look more solid and in my opinion its better than not excerising at all. Once you can do 3 sets of 25 press ups with ease try putting your feet on a chair or clapping your hands when press up with force, this will ad more intensity to your work outs.

Always train to failure, keep work outs intense, maintain perfect form, make sure you dont overtrain and rest between work out days... 

Other good chest builders are Bench press, incline bench press and dips which also work the triceps.  There is no escaping how bad you feel living with gyne but with the summer comming up and t-shirts comming out having bigger arms can help deflect unwanted attention to your moobs so i would recommend biceps curls and pull ups to build them up aswell..

Good luck dude

Offline gabbyhey

• Gold Member
Before I had my surgery I tried doin push ups.  I was up to around a 100 a day.  What I found out was that if my nipples were hard and my shirt was off, I looked pretty good.  But when I was wearing a shirt and soft nips it looked 100 times worse.  I eventually quit doing push ups all together because I wasn't happy with the results.  The cool thing though is that I have retained quite a bit of my pectoral muscles so even now after surgery my chest is much more toned than I would have expected.

Offline huhu

• Posting Member
thanks guys
the fact is I'm not considering surgery at all at the moment
I'm doing cardio almost daily (country running), and getting serious about working out regularly (currently doing 30 bicep curls per arm at my max load that is 13-14kg as of now)
I'll try to get thinner and build up some muscles focusing on biceps and maybe some inclined cross if it can help enlarge the chest (not sure about its effect on the chest)

Offline sadgyneguy

• Gold Member
  • Gyne transformed me into a living dead.
im my experience, pushups and bench makes my gyne more noticeable. I have chest muscles, but there is still a gyne.

i had done 3 surgery but still no success. My plan is to do cardio + weight lifting.
To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did...

Dr Benjamin Herbosa's Contact Info (Dr Benny)

Offline State_Property

• Posting Member
if u do low reps 2-6 at high weights ur chest will gain mass protrude from ur body and possibly make it look worse, if u do high reps nothing below 15 at medium weights ur chest wont gain that bulky size and since gyne is almost always off to the side of ur chest u will probably see some nice cuts down the middle of ur chest if ur bodyfat is where it should be.

oh, and yes focusing on ur arms isnt a bad idea, bodybuilders will disagree as arms are very small considering chest,back and legs and they will usually grow as being secondary muscles while u work the majors, but i have noticed in ppl with gyne having big arms will often avoid attention from ur chest and show off ur physical health with some more nice cuts.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2007, 02:47:21 PM by State_Property »

Offline Fat-Elvis

• Bronze Member
Pushups are not going to build your pec muscles.  The only bodyweight exercise that will build your pec muscles are dips.

Offline omgninja

• Posting Member
Pushups are not going to build your pec muscles.  The only bodyweight exercise that will build your pec muscles are dips.
that is incorrect, push ups can build body mass, for best results mix your push up work out up with incline and decline push ups try wearing a rucksack with weights for more resistance

Offline Joey101

• Posting Member
what exercise are 'dips'?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024