Author Topic: Question for Dr. Bermant...puckering, concavity  (Read 4325 times)

Offline gynogone

• Bronze Member
When I flex my chest now looks kind of "scooped out".  I'm 2 months post op.

There's kind of a dent in one side.  Do you think it will stay like this?

I ask because you posted pictures of what you call "deformities" and I can't really see any in their photos.  If they're deformed, I must be the Elephant man or something :)

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/bri_in_cols/my_photos

Do you think it will heal up and be better?  Or is that just the way it is sometimes?
Maybe you could fix it.

DrBermant

When I flex my chest now looks kind of "scooped out".  I'm 2 months post op.

There's kind of a dent in one side.  Do you think it will stay like this?

I ask because you posted pictures of what you call "deformities" and I can't really see any in their photos.  If they're deformed, I must be the Elephant man or something :)

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/bri_in_cols/my_photos

Do you think it will heal up and be better?  Or is that just the way it is sometimes?
Maybe you could fix it.

Crater deformities and adhesions can come in different degrees.  Some adhesion injuries can improve over time.  Others do not.  Options depend on the original problem, surgical technique(s), skill of the surgeon, how someone heals, aftercare, scar care, and other factors.

Documenting the deformity and showing the problem can help others understand your concerns.

My Standard Gynecomastia Pictures can be added to when trying to explore the degree of some problems.

Additional views include
  • Left Oblique Pectoral Muscles Relaxed
  • Left Oblique Pectoral Muscles Tense
  • Right Oblique Pectoral Muscles Relaxed
  • Right Oblique Pectoral Muscles Tense
  • Left Side View Pectoral Muscles Relaxed
  • Left Side View Pectoral Muscles Tense
  • Right Side View Pectoral Muscles Relaxed
  • Right Side View Pectoral Muscles Tense

This is in addition to the original views on my list.  Movies can show the problem even better, but none are the equivalent to an in office evaluation.

Scars can often be revised during Revision Gynecomastia Male Chest Sculpture Operations. The old scar can be removed, but a new scar is part of the healing process. The nature of the new scar depends on the problem to be treated, how a patient heals, surgical techniques, skill of the surgeon, and many other factors.  Such issues are best explored during a consultation after an evaluation.

It is easier to take away than put back. Some small crater deformities can be revised.  For other large crater deformities after gynecomastia surgery, the deformity is just too great. Here is another deformity complication after another doctor's agressive liposuction.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline gynogone

• Bronze Member
Can you look really briefly at my pictures? 

Do you think I have a crater deformity?

If I do, I hope it goes away.  But maybe that's just the price I paid for no more gyno.

Thanks for your reply.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
gynogone...

Can you take/post some more pics (different angles) of your RHS.

Thanks...

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024