Author Topic: Post Op, Compresstion Vest questions.  (Read 2511 times)

Offline Bolognianips

• Silver Member
I'm sure this has been answered in many forms, but I am planning on scheduling my procedure this fall/winter (so I can wear a sweater in the midwest), and could use some advice on time frames.  If you've had the procedure I'm really interested in your recovery and finding a range regarding recovery, to aid in my scheduling

• How long did you have to wear the compression vest?
  • When wearing the compression vest, was there noticeable swelling outside clothing?
  • How many days after the procedure would you say office style work (sitting, writing, etc.) would be (or was) uncomfortable
  • What were your major concerns during post op healing, (ie. what was the most bothersome) and how long until you felt comfortable without the vest in normal clothing.

Thanks in advance to any answers you may give.  Currently I am thinking about the procedure mid October, I will have a 5 day window for rest, with no obligations.  After that I will have to return to classes about 5 hours a day.  My goal is that by thanksgiving ~30 days post op, i will have no outwardly noticeable signs of the operation while wearing normal clothing, and a nearly full recovery (scarring, and sensation aside) by Christmas (about 10 weeks).

Do you feel this would be a realistic time frame?

[/list]

Offline JeepKuntry

• Posting Member
I wore my vest for 4 weeks.  I scheduled my procedure for a Friday and went back to work on Tuesday.  What procedure are you planning on getting?  I'll be the first to tell you to make sure you have excission done.  In my case I let the PS talk me into lipo only and one side looks decent while the other sags.  It's not really noticeable through shirts but I still wouldn't be comfortable taking my shirt off.

Offline flex1appeal

• How long did you have to wear the compression vest?
    I wore mine for 5 weeks except to shower and to wash it in the washer a few times a week.

• When wearing the compression vest, was there noticeable swelling outside clothing?
    No noticeable swelling

• How many days after the procedure would you say office style work (sitting, writing, etc.) would be (or was) uncomfortable

I was able to do office work 2 days later and was not very uncomfortable.

• What were your major concerns during post op healing, (ie. what was the most bothersome) and how long until you felt comfortable without the vest in normal clothing.
    I think my major concern was when will the swelling and bruising subside and how much scar tissue will I develope. I felt very comfortable in clothing about 6 weeks after surgery. Naked is a different story

[/list]

Offline Bolognianips

• Silver Member
    Excellent answers keep them coming!

So far it looks like my schedule will work out.

Certainly I will get an excision and lipo, I'm currently loosing weight (down 15, 15 more to go), and working on quitting smoking :) in order to ensure the least amount of work needed, and recovery time.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024