Author Topic: QUESTION ABOUT COMPRESSION VEST!!!  (Read 2386 times)

Offline tricat13

• Posting Member
So I had surgery almost 3 days ago now and I have been wearing this vest all the time.  It is really starting to bother me.  If i stop wearing it, will anything happen to mess things up?  Thanks for any input.

Offline tetoncio

congrats on getting the surgery! I got mine 5 weeks ago, and it's the best thing I've ever done for myself. You want to keep that compression vest on for as long as your doctor tells you because it really speeds up recovery. The compression minimizes the swelling and fluid collection that can happen for the next few weeks. What you could do to make it more comfortable is to wear a cotton t-shirt beneath the vest. Also, if your vest is anything like mine, it's probably killing you in the armpit area. If so, wedge an old sock between the vest and your skin.

Best of luck and quick recovery!

Offline bhut2180

• Posting Member
Doctor told me that it was alright to cut out some of the armpit area to make it more comfortable, I cut about an inch off that went under the armpit which helped some at least in alleviating where the vest had begun to cut into my armpits

Offline tricat13

• Posting Member
alright,  sweet guys thanks!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024