Author Topic: anyone think that antiaging doctors might be better thatn an old school edro?  (Read 1646 times)

Offline ThatMethD1guy

• Posting Member
i am going here next week:

http://www.hormoneandlongevitycenter.com/

I visited an edrochornologist and it was kind of waste of time. i prepared alot of questions regarding GYNO and some drugs I have been on including MethlD1, prepecia and zoloft. the endro did order these hormone tests and i guess i was in the reference ranage...said i was anemic though... here are the results

---CBC---
WBC 7.4
RBC 4.29 low?
HGB 13.9 low???
HCT 40 low???
MVC 92.8
MCH 32.2
MCHC 34.7
RDW 13.3
SEGS 62
BANDS 0
LYMPHS 27
MONO 7
EOSIN 2
BASO 2
PLATELET COUNT 237
RBC MORPHOLOGY NORMAL

---HORMONES---
FREE T4 .9
TSH 1.20
ESTRADIOL SERUM 30
PROLACTIN 5.3
TESTOSTORINE T 377

DHEA-S 230
DHEA UNCONJUCATED 405

Offline skyhawk

• Gold Member
Maybe. Probably depends on the individual doctor himself. But I can tell you this. I am low Testosterone ( around 200) and my endo was willing to put me on testosterone replacement. I asked my endo what measures he takes to keep me from getting gynecomastia while on the testosterone. His reply: "If you get gynecomastia, stop the drug and the gyne will go away"

WRONG! I got gynecomastia 3 years ago after taking testosterone. It has not gone away since stopping the drug.

When using Testosterone, it readily converts in the body to Estradiol which gives the feminine characteristics.
It is crucial to monitor Estradiol when on testosterone therapy ( known as E2) and try to keep it suppresed to around 25. There are different means to do this. The drug Arimidex prevents the aramotase from making the conversion. There are also over the counter measures that can be taken.

My goal is to increase my T to about the 500-600 range and keep E2 to around 25 with an T/E2 ratio of around 25/1. From there I will adjust as needed. Its a starting point.

The life extension doctor will probably follow this type of thing. Managing and balancing T and E2. Endos? Not likely. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024