Author Topic: underarmour  (Read 2961 times)

Offline Dave124

Hi guys,
what does an underarmour vest actually do? do you put under your tshirt,
thanks dave.

DrBermant

Hi guys,
what does an underarmour vest actually do? do you put under your tshirt,
thanks dave.

Some wear these garments alone, others under clothing.  Body shaping garments are only a temporary contouring solution.  They do not help remove or treat gynecomastia.  When the garment is removed, the gynecomastia is still there.  They can provide an emotional band-aid for the stress of contour issues and bouncing tissues.

You can see actual examples of Compression Chest Contouring Without Surgery for different types of gynecomastia here:

Compression Contouring After Massive Weight Loss

Body Shaping for Puffy Nipples

Body Shaping Compression Contouring for Overweight Male - This one shows the Black Vest in use.

Body Shaper Compression Garment for Severely Obese Male

Check out the multiple views for each patient.  Comments would be appreciated on the navigation of the new section.  Will be posting movies of how the vests stabilize jiggling and comments showing emotions of first trying on the compression garments.  Clink on the links to see other views of the garment and features of this design I prefer.

A wet suit can also help.  Using a thin neoprene like Microprene can flatten the chest in water like a compression garment can help on land.  The after surgery garments do not work well in water, the wet suits do.  Both can be hot to wear, that is why I prefer a very thin garment.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia

Offline mikeyp87

• Posting Member
Thanks for those links above, can now see how much of a difference they can make for some people.

I'm going to look into getting a couple for myself for post-op after my vest comes off.
Now just to find some cheap enough prices for a very poor student!

Offline Angel_of_Death

• Silver Member
To me, under armor was the best thing besides surgery.

I first tried under armor in spring of 2007, it made my chest look completely flat. It really improved my life and made summer 2007 much more endurable than the previous ones. I wore it everyday for 1 year until I got my surgery, today I don't need it anymore. I spent some good amount of cash on those vests, as they don't come too cheap, at least not where I bought them (Sports Experts in Canada)...approx 50$ each. I got at least 6-8 of them. After a couple of months they tend to become less compressing.

For someone who has a mild case of gynecomastia, it's an excellent temporary fix until you get surgery.

Offline kirribilli

• Posting Member
What model or brand looks the most like a traditional white crew neck t-shirt? Underarmour? Any other brand?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024