Author Topic: Low Free T but normal T, SBHG, etc  (Read 1687 times)

Offline Plarkin

• Bronze Member
Any body qualified to comment on a 52 years old with adolescent gyne, who has been watching his various lab numbers slide for some time into the low normal range, like 400 T, 14 E2, etc. But for the first time now has an actual out of range or abnormal number but just on for Free T?

Does this mean a higher likelihood of re-growth if I do surgery?
Does this mean I have to get the Free T levels up somehow before I can have surgery?
Any syndromes, causes, connections with low Free T?
I noticed that late-onset gyne and andropause seems to be linked to total T rather than Free T, true?

Thanks in advance

Offline moobius

• Gold Member
free test is more important than your overal test levels.

Offline Plarkin

• Bronze Member
1. How do you get just Free T up without sending the others up too much? (Or keeping the ratio of Free T to T the same as it was.)

2. Does low Free T mean no surgery until the issue is straightened out, as it's likely there will be re-growth, otherwise?

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
There are many things that can cause your hormones to fluctuate. A single very low test should not be cause for worry. A later test could well indicate a normal reading. If the result are consistently low you should see an Endocrinologist.

Why would you be monitoring your hormones? Unless you are tampering with steroids or have some kind of pathology there would be no justification for this.
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024