Author Topic: What's your worst gyne experience?  (Read 10854 times)

Offline User

• Bronze Member
I hate to dredge up all the terrible experiences many of us have had with gyne, but I'd like to share mine and hear yours.  I've never discussed gyne with any other sufferers, nor have shared my worst moments with anyone other than my parents.

For me the worst experience happened a year ago when I was in 11th grade.  I was walking down a hill to where my friends were standing, and as I approached I noticed that they were laughing hysterically.  I looked closer and saw that another kid (that I didn't know) was standing by them adjusting his glasses.  Once I was close enough I asked them, "What are you guys laughing at?"  One of my friends said between laughs, "He {the guy standing by them} thought you were a girl!"  Apparently, as I was walking toward them the guy had asked "Do you know her?"

To be fair he had his glasses off and I was at a slight distance, but to actually be mistaken for the opposite sex hurts like nothing else can.  Plus, I had on two loose fitting shirts and one of them was collared!

The guy wasn't being mean either...he genuinely had thought I was a female!

But it's okay.  Once you get mistaken for a woman, little else can effect you  8).
Surgery date: February 8, 2006

Offline boobhater22

• Bronze Member
I was a little kid playing baseball with the other neighborhood kids, and some black girl screamed that I had bigger boobs than her mom.

I do have big boobs...but my mom's are even bigger...like giant pumpkins...lol. ::) I don't think I have seen any as big as hers...of course I am not in the habit of looking at boobs.

Offline Spleen

of course I am not in the habit of looking at boobs.

Honestly, I think I do little else...

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
my mom's are even bigger...like giant pumpkins...lol. ::) I don't think I have seen any as big as hers...

Post some pics.

JUST KIDDING!!  ;D ;D ;D

Offline doddy

• 06/04/2005.
You know that your mother being "busty" isn't extraordinary. Many people with gyne do have "busty" mothers, once again highlighting the genetic aspect of the condition.

Or so my surgeon told me.
etc.

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!

Post some pics.

JUST KIDDING!!  ;D ;D ;D

That's funny. As far as a worst gyne experience, I really can't think of one specific incident.  I was never really picked on or teased by anyone so a lot of my pain was self created.  

My worst gyne experience would have to be the wasted energy I have spent (as a kid more so than now) covering up my gyne and trying to hide it from others.  

Offline fleetwd

• Silver Member
  • free as of 10-19-2004!! WOO HOO!
i've got 2 .... one was freshman year in high school during basketball practice ... the dreaded "shirts/skins" game ... shoot.  I thought it was going fine, peopel were cracking up, then right after practice in the gym someone said "where is _____ (my name)... let's see those titties" in front of about 50 guys on the frosh b-ball team.  i quit the team the next day.

i'm pretty muscular now (had surgery in october '04 so i'm good to go now) and have been for the last 6 or 8 years (i'm 26) ... but last summer i had a somewhat tight shirt on and my buddys girlfriend was feeling all on me saying i was built and saying i had bigger boobs than her, i think she suspected it wasn't muscle (as it wasn't... but for some reason it looked ok in this  shirt) ... so she actually took my shirt off me somehow.  this motivated me to get the surgery done, i was sick of it.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2005, 07:46:22 AM by fleetwd »

Offline ibarumah

• Posting Member
now,Fleetwd, your breast is 100% flat/normal?

Offline Blarneystoner

• Gyne sucks
at basketball some kid was like look at brandon he has breasts. i was trying to put a shirt on and he was telling other people to look. there were only 3 or 4 ppl there and one kid seemed to not care and he even seemed angry at the other kid for saying something so mean. finally a fat kid said "i'm fat, i have an exuse". that was about it. they never mentioned it again. but still, it hurt to know that other's noticed (my gyne wasn't even THAT bad).
Please, Jesus, make my gyne go away!

Offline Blitz

• Gold Member
  • Thank you Fielding
I got a few myself:

Before I even knew what gynecomastia was and before I even thought that what I had was abnormal, my dad had pointed out to my mother that I needed to lose weight in my chest region.  I was about 19 and I was working out at home in the basement.  I thought I just had round pecs but for some reason, that embarrassed me because it came from the old man.  My sister looked at me one day and said, you got moobs like a 13 year old girl.  Man oh man, did that sting.  

As time wore on, friends would make comments but I would just laugh it off.  One time, I was up at a friends cottage and I decided to take my shirt off.  I know, stupid me right.  It was about 5 of us and we went out on a boat to the middle of a lake so I didn't think it would be a big deal.  One of the girls that was with us stared at me and I can tell at what she was staring at so I threw my t-shirt on right away.  Thank God she didn't start talking about it.  Cut to a few months later (winter time), I met up with her again and as we hugged each other hello, I jokingly whispered in her ear, nice boobs.  Her response was not as nice as yours.  Wow!  I laughed it off but man did I feel like shite.  

A few friends would mention it whenever we went to the gym and we all showered afterwards.  I had to shower because there was no way I was walking around with body sweat for the rest of the day.  We all left at the same time because I was either their ride or they were my ride so it was totally unavoidable.  

That's what I keep saying to myself.  This shouldn't be something that's going to keep burdening me for the rest of my life.  I love the beach and I love to dive into a refreshing pool on a hot summer's day.  I shouldn't have to think twice about doing either.  I think there's a lot of guys here who have sacrificed personal fun so they won't be humiliated.  I workout hard and I'd like to show off my progress with a nice tight t-shirt from time to time but I have never done that.  The arms are big, the shoulder and back is broad and the legs look nice but what's the point?  

I really thought that I was going to live with this thing for the rest of my life.  Last year, I really made the effort to lose weight, eat right and really work on the weights.  I lived for the bench press but as we all know, that won't make a difference.  I am a bit of a guru on getting and staying in shape because I did a lot of reading on losing weight and I incorporated a lot of exercises into my routine but until I came to this site, I didn't know the only way to lose my gyne was by surgery.  If everything goes as planned, I have my surgery with Dr. Fielding on July 13.  To all the guys out there who don't think there's a light to the end of this tunnel, there is; it's called surgery.  Thanks to the people who started this forum.  

Side note:  I live in Brampton, Ontario (alright Bambu) and I was at a park with my son and girlfriend last summer.  They had a small pool and some showers that you can run in and  out of and splash around in.  It was so funny because I knew right away I wasn't taking my shirt off but when I looked around, almost all the dads had their t-shirt on as well and most of them were in the pool.  I couldn't tell if they had gyne but I thought to myself, maybe I'm not the only one with this problem.

Offline Blarneystoner

• Gyne sucks
just make sure you keep realistic expectations. i felt the same way before my surgery and now it's only marginally better. I'm only 3 weeks post op but my hopes is slowly diminishing.

Offline Blitz

• Gold Member
  • Thank you Fielding
To Blarneystoner,

You're only 3 weeks post op and you're freaking out?  I haven't even had my surgery and I'm going to wait out the entire year before I start making any rash decisions about the surgery.  

Offline fleetwd

• Silver Member
now,Fleetwd, your breast is 100% flat/normal?

i'm 7 months post-op and i'd say i'm 90% of the way there.  the left is awesome and the right has a small piece of hard tissue under it.  i haven't talked to my doc since my 3 month post-op appointment, i just assume it'll go away in time, it's lookin' good, i feel 100% confident with my shirt off now... when i flex it looks perfect but when i'm not it  could probably look a little better, but i'm not too concerned, it's 10,000,000 times better than it was ... and if i dealt with what i had for 13 years... i think i can handle looking a little less than perfect.  although i'm 100% satisfied!

wow, that was one fucked up paragraph!

Offline Blarneystoner

• Gyne sucks

i'm 7 months post-op and i'd say i'm 90% of the way there.  the left is awesome and the right has a small piece of hard tissue under it.  i haven't talked to my doc since my 3 month post-op appointment, i just assume it'll go away in time, it's lookin' good, i feel 100% confident with my shirt off now... when i flex it looks perfect but when i'm not it  could probably look a little better, but i'm not too concerned, it's 10,000,000 times better than it was ... and if i dealt with what i had for 13 years... i think i can handle looking a little less than perfect.  although i'm 100% satisfied!

wow, that was one fucked up paragraph!

hey buddy, how were you looking after 3 weeks? did you just get gland or lipo also?

Offline fleetwd

• Silver Member
To Blarneystoner,

You're only 3 weeks post op and you're freaking out?  I haven't even had my surgery and I'm going to wait out the entire year before I start making any rash decisions about the surgery.  

that's a great attitude, but trust me, you'll still freak out -- we all did i'm sure :)  don't owrry blarneystoner -- it'll be fine, trust me.  time will tell.  some days it'll seem like it's getting better ... other days it'll seem like it's getting worse.  but it's all part of the healing process :)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024