Author Topic: which has shorter recovery time, lipo or excision  (Read 5754 times)

Offline a-man

• Silver Member
  • Gyne free!
if one person had only excision/gland removed, and another person had only lipo/fat removed, which person would have an easier and shorter recovery time?

Offline Vail

• Posting Member
My understanding is that the excision guy would have a shorter recovery time.

Offline nukem2k5

• Breasts belong on women!
Please don't tell me you're considering one or the other.  By all means, get both done.  I've honestly not read of a single satisfied person on these boards whose had just lipo or just excision.  If your PS says you only need one, find another one who is prepared to do both during the procedure depending on what he finds when he cuts you open.

But yes, to answer your quest, having just excision would have a faster recovery, but most likely wouldn't have satisfying / desired results.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2005, 12:16:12 AM by nukem2k5 »
Reborn on May 24, 2005
Surgery Cost: $4,040
Dr. David Metzner - New Orleans, LA
My Photos
Two Years Post-Op Photos

Offline Spleen

There might be a difference in recovery time but it's probably trivial.  It's not like one has a 3 days recovery time and the other has 3 months.  I had both and I still have some tenderness in the lipo'd area and soreness in the excised area.  One is recovering any faster than the other but they are recovering in different ways because the procedures were different.

Offline rcbrown23

Please don't tell me you're considering one or the other.  By all means, get both done.  I've honestly not read of a single satisfied person on these boards whose had just lipo or just excision.  If your PS says you only need one, find another one who is prepared to do both during the procedure depending on what he finds when he cuts you open.

Agreed 100%. If your looking for a shortcut, you'll regret it in the end.

My first operation was a failed lipo op, and I just had a revision with excision. So far the healing seems to be about the same.

Offline a-man

• Silver Member
  • Gyne free!
no no... im asking because my gyne is very obviously mostly fat, and all the PS's i have seen said i would only need lipo (although they are all prepared to do excision if necessary)... i dont have a problem with puffy nipples or anything like that.

i was just asking because i was wondering how i could relate to some of the recovery stories i have read here

Offline nukem2k5

• Breasts belong on women!
The recovery isn't so bad.  It's the worst during the first week when you have to wear that damn vest and it itches like the darn.

Anyway, just be sure that they're able to do excision *during the procedure* if the need arises.  

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024