Author Topic: need help from other christians. (i dont mean to offend anyone)  (Read 3825 times)

Offline christof1

• Posting Member
hello everyone, i am a 17 year old male. i turn 18 in 1 month. when i was about 12-13 years old i developed breast tissue underneath my nipples. also known as gynocomastia. the breast tissue grew right underneath my nipple and got pretty big. i went to the doctor to find the problem and he said it would go away within the next two years, but if it doesn't then the only thing i can do is surgery. it concerned me because my chest looks feminine and it inst attractive at all. i have a very muscular body everywhere else but my chest because i developed breast tissue. it has no been 4-5 years and the condition never changed. so i must do surgery to remove it. the only problem is that if i get surgery, there is a chance my nipples will be deformed and they may cave in. which would look really ugly. now, i know Jesus healed and changed many peoples lives and i know that through him all things are possible. so i want to go to him with this physical issue i have. i know with faith he can change me and shrink the breast tissue in my chest. the only thing i am having a hard time with is, my issue is a cosmetic issue. it is about my body and my looks. i am not in any danger or risks. i just don't like it because it is unattractive and i get made fun off because of it. i know jesus healed many blind, dissabled, weak, people when he walked this earth. and i know he left his holy spirit here for us. is it wrong for me to ask god to reduce the breast tissue?

Offline 91deejay

• Posting Member
Hey man.  I'm a Christian too.  I had the surgery.  And before that, I prayed ALOT that God would somehow make them go away.  Eventually though, I just had to have the surgery.  I don't believe it was wrong.  So, if your chest is really bothering you, and you are 100% positive you want to get rid of the darn things, look into surgery. 

However, my surgery has caused me to have some degree of concaveness.  Here's a link to my thread with pictures.  Hope it helps.

http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=20123.0

Offline christof1

• Posting Member
okay im glad to hear from you. thank you for your input and the pics

Offline christof1

• Posting Member
if you bulked up your chest a bit i bet you would look great

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
let me answer it this way.  if you've had success praying for other healings that would be reasonable.  if you've had no success, then i'd say go the medical route. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline WolfParade

• Posting Member
The fact that some people postpone seaking medical help in order to pray to God or whatever is alarming, and another reason for why religion really isn't a good thing.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
It must be remembered that to God our condition is probably not an imperfection. The perception of imperfection is ours, not Gods.

Remember also that among the great gifts we received from God are our intellect, manual dexterity, and free will.

Put another way, The surgeon has God given gifts of intellect and manual dexterity which the surgeon has magnified by training and experience while your gift of free will makes it possible for you to decide whether or not to see the surgeon.

I thoroughly agree with using prayer for inspiration and guidance. Prayer is also great for those things that are clearly beyond human control. In some things though, God will leave us to use the gifts which he has already placed at our disposal.

Say your prayers, and make an appointment. When it is all over, a prayer of thanks is probably in order as well.
Grandpa Dan

Offline 91deejay

• Posting Member

Offline Unidentified

• Posting Member
We must also consider the possibility that no amount of prayer will change your condition, and you must take matters into your own hands, instead of looking into the sky for answers. If there was someone up there that could heal your condition, or any other condition for that matter, then these Dr.s who perform these procedures would not be in business. The same goes for other Dr.s who work with Cancer patients etc.

Read the results of the largest study done on the efficacy of prayer, done by Harvard
http://web.med.harvard.edu/sites/RELEASES/html/3_31STEP.html

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024