Author Topic: Bermant, why is this guy still puffy?  (Read 2456 times)

Offline gynebob3

• Bronze Member
I was wondering why this patient still has pointy areaolas after surgery?

Im talking about the patient on this link : http://www.plasticsurgery4u.com/procedure_folder/male_breast/puffy_nipples_gynecomastia.html

obviously you removed all the gland...if not even you could make this patient 100% flat nobody can..
what is the reason for this patients chest anatomy not beeing able to get "ideal" result?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 11:43:25 PM by gynebob3 »

DrBermant

I was wondering why this patient still has pointy areaolas after surgery?

Im talking about the patient on this link : http://www.plasticsurgery4u.com/procedure_folder/male_breast/puffy_nipples_gynecomastia.html

obviously you removed all the gland...if not even you could make this patient 100% flat nobody can..
what is the reason for this patients chest anatomy not beeing able to get "ideal" result?

For the very small gland, 200cc of fat removed for each side means that a major component of the contour was from the fat. The goal of the surgery to achieve a natural male chest shape is to target gland first and then contour the remaining tissues making the pinch test equivalent across the chest and from the top down. The final shape also will depend on the shape of the muscles, how skin drapes, how the tissues heal, scar tissues, and many other factors. At 6 weeks healing tissues are still firm evolving just like any cut we have. One of the problems with my practice is seeing patients from around the world and asking happy patients to travel back for followup. That patient came from Illinois more than 8 years ago. My surgery and documentation techniques have evolved greatly since then, but I leave the example up to demonstrate a possible range for what limitations surgical sculpture offers.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024