Author Topic: need docter advice (blood test result attached)  (Read 1720 times)

Offline tester123

Hi,

I am 26 year old male. I have been working out for about 8 years now and for about 2 years i noticed my nipples getting "harder".

4 years ago, i used anabolic steroid for 10 weeks.
I have only did this once in my life.

So as i was saying for about 2 years now i noticed my nippled becomming harder and more pointy, till a point where they would be noticable trough my shirt.

I am 1m85 , weigh 73kg and my bodyfat is fairly low.

As i suspected i was getting gyno from a hormonal inbalance, i want to the docter for a blood test, you will find the result

My docter said my hormone levels were normal. Can someone double check this?

I will also be posting pics of "what i think is gyno" later tonight when i get home.

If you could give me your opinion on my blood test result it would be awesome.

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
Your values are on the left side the normal ranges are on the right.
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

Offline tester123

yea i had already figured that out.. But when i look up "normal" values for my age, i come across values of 600.

So it seems my test level is on the low side isn't it?

Could this be causing my gyneo and could taking med like nolvadex help this?

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
The values you provide are a "one time" measurement of a value that will fluctuate over the course of the day.  If you're truly trying to establish that you're hypogonadal, additional measurements would need to be done.  As it stands, you're within the normal range.  It would be very unusual for a 26-year-old male who did one cycle of steroids well after puberty to be hypogonadal, unless there were other underlying causes.  I don't see a measurement of your estrodiol, which would provide more information as to whether you'd get benefit from an estrogen blocker, but again, normal physiology of a 26-year-old male would go against that.  It's most likely that you developed gynecomastia when you did steroids 4 years ago.  The character may have changed since then, sometimes related to changes in body composition (increased or decreased body fat, for example).  Before jumping on the testosterone replacement bandwagon, you should have a full endocrine workup.  At 26, you're looking at a life-time commitment to hormone replacement if your levels are not normal, with associated cost, needle sticks, and risks.  The idea of some extra testosterone may seem appealing at the moment, but I'm not sure that the need for testosterone from a bottle forever is actually all that appealing in the long-run. 

From the gynecomastia perspective, presuming your numbers are all normal, hormonal manipulation won't resolve the problem. Most likely, you'd need surgery.

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery