Author Topic: Puffy nipples 5 months post-op  (Read 5658 times)

Offline sliight

• Posting Member
Hello.

I still got puffy nipples 5 months after surgery. The gland seems to be removed, but the nipples are still puffy... I went for a check-up a couple of weeks ago, but my surgeon claimed it was nothing wrong with them, and they wont change. So basicly i look better in a tight shirt, yet i still dont feel confident enough to take of my shirt on the beach, even for a short bath. Any idea what to do?

Pic of puffy nipples:

Pic of nipples after shower:

Offline qazwsxedcrfvtgb

• Posting Member
looks perfectly fine to me. If your that concerned i'd hit the weights but I think your surgeon has done a great job

hammer

I don't see anything wrong!

Offline sliight

• Posting Member
Im not sure if you guys missunderstood, but im happy with how my nipples look after a shower, but look at how big and puffy they are on the first pic. The nipple itself isnt even visible, and the scars are very visible (cant really tell on the pic though).

hammer

Sorry, looked again, still can't see any thing! I think it's time to call it a job well done! In a few years you will be old and gray and won't look the same anyway!

Offline sliight

• Posting Member
Look, i appreciate the "support", or how you try to make me belive theres nothing from with them, but thats not really what i am here for. Im not interrested in getting people to make me think i look normal, i just want to look normal.

Offline ms123

• Posting Member
Try using the back camera on your phone, it's generally much better quality than the front facing camera. Also, maybe get some angle in to the picture. I can almost see what you're talking about, starting to feel I'm in the same boat but I'm only at 2 months and have plenty of time left in the healing process.

hammer

Look, i appreciate the "support", or how you try to make me belive theres nothing from with them, but thats not really what i am here for. Im not interrested in getting people to make me think i look normal, i just want to look normal.

So then tell me, what does normal look like? I'm 56 years old and I've been a people watcher all my life, I've never seen normal! If there was a normal, wouldn't normal look all alike? Wouldn't it be like dolls, everyone who was normal be exactly the same? If people that had normal size hands would then all wear the same size rings, and they would all wear the same size cloths as well, and let's take that further, would all normal people think alike? Maybe they would, after all that would be normal, wouldn't be? So that being the case they would all like the same things, the same cloths, the same mates, the same cars, same homes, jobs ect...

I'm not sure about anyone else, but I see normal as very boring!

The thoughts from a non normal old guy and proud to be non normal!

Offline qazwsxedcrfvtgb

• Posting Member
Did you follow your surgeons instructions with regards to compression garments?
To be honest there's not much you can do. I honestly think that if you have anymore surgery (which as you know is the only option if its gland)you will look worse than in this pic.
If I were you i'd just get on with my life but your that convinced that it doesn't look normal theres no point trying to convince you.
You could try reducing body fat to see if theres any effect, but your looking for answers that you aren't going to really find.
Also you might wan't to post in ask a doctor forums...
Its your body at the end of the day.

Offline sliight

• Posting Member
Heres 2 more pictures, one flexed. As you can see the nipples arent even round, they're oval.

Offline sliight

• Posting Member
Did you follow your surgeons instructions with regards to compression garments?
To be honest there's not much you can do. I honestly think that if you have anymore surgery (which as you know is the only option if its gland)you will look worse than in this pic.
If I were you i'd just get on with my life but your that convinced that it doesn't look normal theres no point trying to convince you.
You could try reducing body fat to see if theres any effect, but your looking for answers that you aren't going to really find.
Also you might wan't to post in ask a doctor forums...
Its your body at the end of the day.

Yes, i did use the compression garments. They also did lipo, so i dont think bodyfat will be of any help.

Offline kaka0077

• Posting Member
Hey man , dont give yourself a hard time . 5 months ago you had puffy nipples , now you got rid of them. Instead of feeling sorry about yourself enjoy your life. Im currently 2.5 months post OP after having dealt with puffy nipples. While the right one looks great the lower part of the left nipple is still puffy ( maybe a millimeter or two ). It doesnt bother me at all because it still looks much more better than it was pre OP and it will probably go away with time. Every T shirt fits me , I got my confidence up. Things cant be better now after years of hiding at home, neglecting my friends(the list goes on). In my opinion you look great , dont hide it . Hit the gym or exercise at home and go on with your life.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024