Author Topic: Puffy Nipples after Gyno surgery - From Brazil  (Read 12680 times)

Offline Sandman_BR

• Posting Member
Hello guys,
I’m  a 31 years old man from Brazil. I had my gyno surgery 34 days ago (gland removal plus fat liposuction). In the first 10 days my chest looked great, but after that my nipples started to get puffy. The left nipple is much worse than the right one. If you guys could give me your opinion about what is causing this issue (swelling, scar tissue) I would be grateful!
My doctor asked me to meet him again after 90 days after the surgery.
Below you can find some pictures with 26 days after surgery!
PS: Sorry for the bad English!

hammer

Both swelling and scare tissue could be the cause, but most likely scare tissue. Remember, when ever you have surgery your body goes through hell! It can take months to totally heal and for you to see the final results of the surgery. I know that this is hard to swallow, but just hit your finger as hard as you can with a hammer or slam it in a car door and see how long something like that takes to heal! You didn't even cut that open and remove anything either.

Offline Sandman_BR

• Posting Member
Today my nipples are even worse than in the pictures. The right nipple also started to get puffy.

hammer

Time heals my friend, and this requires patients!

I've had both knees removed and replaced with prosthetics, I didn't run home after surgery, I've had two back surgeries that fused parts of the back. The first took 9 hours in 2009 and it took a long time to do normal things again the other was last Dec and I still can't cross my left leg over my right!

I've lost both testicles in separate surgeries and each of those took a fair amount of time to be able to walk and do things without pain, those were back in 94/95.  I've had a few other smaller surgeries and each one required time to be able to do normal things or for swelling/scare tissue to go down, and some took months. My knees were done in 06/07 and they klick when I move them or walk. At night you can hear me walking, because it is so quiet and they make noise. This isn't going to change, but your puffy bumps should, but in a fair amount of time, say a year from now then you will need to do injections or revision surgery, but now isn't the time to worry.

Hope this helps ease your mind, you really don't need to worry at this point.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
If your nipples were initially flat after surgery, then most likely you are developing some scar tissue.  You might be able to help by wearing a firm compression garment for a minimum of 6 weeks after surgery.

Scar tissue usually forms between 4 and 12 weeks after surgery -- and then it softens and diminishes in size.  Occasionally some scar tissue persists, but this can be treated with a cortisone injection.

Keep in touch with your surgeon for his advice.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Sandman_BR

• Posting Member
Thanks Dr Jacobs and Hammer for your attention!

Indeed, in the first days my chest was totally flat, and after almost five days my nipples started to get puffy. I'm still using my compression garment during the day (except to sleep).
I'm now in the fifth week after surgery and  I'm having some sessions of lymphatic drainage in order to reduce the swelling.

Thanks a lot!

Offline Sandman_BR

• Posting Member
Another doubt!

Is it recommended any sort of massage in order to help the healing process?

I'm starting the seventh week and I'm still using the compression garment.

Thanks!

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
While there is no harm in wearing a compression garment as long as you want, I have found that it has often reached its peak effect after six weeks -- and any more time with it doesn't seem to help that much.

Would speak to your surgeon about when or if to begin massage.

Dr Jacobs

Offline Sandman_BR

• Posting Member
Thanks Dr Jacobs,

I'm still using mainly to work and work out. I'm not feel confident in walking or running without it.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 10:22:52 PM by Sandman_BR »

Offline Sandman_BR

• Posting Member
In order to keep the topic updated, I've taken few pictures.

After 40 minutes of walking/running. Sincerely this is the final result I'm expecting.

2 hours after get home with the body fully relaxed (puffy nipples well noticeable).

Offline eyorker

• Posting Member
Hey there, are they getting better? I just had surgery 5 days ago and saw my nipples today for the first time (they were under bandages), and while there is a definite improvement, they are still a bit puffy (again, I am not sure how they looked at the start, although there is some bruising around my chest as well which makes me think it's just swelling).

Offline Sandman_BR

• Posting Member
Hey,

Unfortunatly they didn't get better yet. Right now they are slightly worse than in the pictures.
I have an appointment with my doctor in the end of May (3 months post op).

Good luck in your recovery.

Offline BetoCE

• Posting Member
Sandman,
Im from Brazil too.

I had the same issues... now 7 months post op and JUST NOW the puffy is going away.. So give some time to heal!

Abraços!

Offline Sandman_BR

• Posting Member
Thanks for your reply BetoCE!!!

Today I have an appointment with my doctor in order to follow up my recovery (90 days post op).

Abraço!!!

Offline MikeW1012

• Posting Member
hey man, I had my Gynocomastia surgery on the 7th of this month which will be 3 weeks on wednesday. My left nipple is absolutely perfect and my right is puffy again but not as bad as it was before my surgery. There is still some numbness going on and I can definitely feel the scar tissue forming. I massage my right chest area around the nipple every night. It is still really early to tell what's going to happen with them this early in the game. I am anxious to see what they will look like after another month. I am going to the beach in July and even if it is still puffy i'm going to have more confidence with my shirt off then I have had in 16 years. I'm 26 btw. Just hang in there man and keep updating what's going on with them.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024