Author Topic: No answers, can anyone help?  (Read 2125 times)

Offline patrickwkimball

• Posting Member
Hi, I've been dealing with gynecomastia for about 10-15 years.  Initially it was from the use of steroids but I haven't used steroids in over 10 years, I'm 37 now.  I was a heavy drinker in my late 20's and as a result had low t, to balance it out I was put on TRT and battled gynecomastia for years as a result of that.  I quit drinking almost one year ago today and was able to stop TRT in June.  My t is back in the 600's and I feel great. 
However since I stopped TRT I've still been experiencing growth in my right breast that comes and goes, it's a lump about the size of a walnut although not quite in that perfect of a shape.  My e continues to be within normal range and as I stated my t levels looks good so there is nothing discernable from my bloodwork.
I've had 2 surgeries on my left breast and one on the right and was hoping that by having my hormones return to normal levels by quitting drinking and stopping trt that I wouldn't have gyno anymore.  Obviously that's not the case and my endo doesn't have an answer for me.  I'd like to get a second surgery on the right side but no way I'm doing that until I feel comfortable I'm past any more growth.  What could be causing this?  Can stress be a factor?  Does it take longer than 6 months for my levels to return to normal?  Any input is appreciated.

Offline patrickwkimball

• Posting Member
I guess I still have no answers.  :-/

Offline walt

• Gold Member
hi I am a medical assistant but NOT a Dr. my opinion you need to get a baseline hormone panel done then every 4-6 month interval for a year to see what you levels are doing , there can be many factors involved , like a prolactinoma or a pituitary adenoma, testicular issues , hypogonadisam, thyroid issues and the list goes on if your Endo Dr. is not able or willing to do this you should get a second opinion from another source. please also ask one of the staff Dr`s. on here for there input! Good Luck. a brother in a bra!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024