Author Topic: What is the main benefit of the overhead press?  (Read 3093 times)

Offline mattiebrown777

Shoulder muscle exercises have to be dynamic in nature in order to be effective. As a strength and conditioning professional I can think of no better exercise than the overhead kettlebell press as the lift to give you superior shoulders. This exercise looks simpler than it really is. You see pressing the kettlebell feels drastically more different than trying to press a dumbell or barbell. The reason for this is because of the design of the kettlebell and this is also the reason for all of the benefits.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 07:33:18 AM by mattiebrown777 »

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
As a person who has avoided gymnasiums all my life, I have no idea what you are talking about.  I am 79 years old and recently took a group of Boy Scouts on an eighty mile hike.  A gymnasium is a good place needed by some people but I personally never sensed that need in order to remain fit.  
Grandpa Dan

Offline Hulett

As a person who enjoyed Decaduro a lot and has avoided gymnasiums all my life, I have no idea what you are talking about.  I am 79 years old and recently took a group of Boy Scouts on an eighty mile hike.  A gymnasium is a good place needed by some people but I personally never sensed that need in order to remain fit.

Overhead press is great for building shoulders and over all core stability. It's one of the most important exercises so everyone should do it.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2021, 09:46:51 AM by Hulett »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024