Author Topic: Important Post-Op Questions  (Read 1971 times)

Offline flatout

Hello everyone!

Wow it is pretty exciting giving my first post here after lurking for months!  I have my surgery in 7 days!

I was wondering if any of those who have gone through surgery have recommendations on the following points:

1) Are there any tips or points of preparation that should be  engaged in before surgery that you didn't realize would be important until after surgery? for instance this could be as stupid as wishing you had a motorized can-opener because opening cans manually is just too painful for a few weeks

2) Any good stories to explain your surgery besides having to talk about gynecomastia?  for instance is there such a thing as surgery for a torn pec or something?

3) Any regimens one should engage in after surgery that may be helpful that weren't recommended by your PS?  for instance a homeopathic ointment or exercise to reduce bruising and swelling?

4) Any other tips or suggestions (I will be going through the surgery and post-op alone)?

Thanks in advance!  And I will be posting pre and post ops for all when I'm through.  Wish me luck and Happy Thanksgiving to all.  

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
4) Any other tips or suggestions (I will be going through the surgery and post-op alone)?

Naw Dude.... you are not alone, you have everyone here for support.  ;)

John.
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline flatout

Hey man,

thanks.  I *really* appreciate that. :D

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
flatout....

You are welcome Dude!  ;)

John.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024