Author Topic: cortisol / other steroid injection  (Read 3516 times)

Offline isr-guy

• Posting Member
Hello everyone.

I discussed my issues with a plastic surgeon, and he said that a steroid injection might help me. I understand that cortisol / other catabolics do one thing mainly, and it is devouring the surrounding tissues. Now, I'm doing it for one reason: I have a lump under my areola, and we think that it's scar tissue (I had a surgery 3 years ago). The other possibilities are that it is breast tissue, or a fat tissue combined with breast tissue, or that it is some part of a muscle component which flexed and releases unconsciously.

My question is: how do you think that the each of these tissues will react to the injection? we are not sure (even though I had a mamography) what is in there beneath the areola, but isn't it important if we want to decrease it?

Thanks in advance - Yaniv.

Offline geg100

• Silver Member
scars can still be present and they always will be thats why they are scar.if you mean if they should still be noticeable thats also a possibilty -hypertrophic or keloid scarring?

Offline isr-guy

• Posting Member
The scars are all internal, so I guess they're Keloids? They are not passing the contours of the body, if it's relevant.

BTW, just had the injection. Almost didn't feel anything. He told me to evaluate my situation in a month, and contact him if I think there's any need. Asked him whether I can lift weights today, and he said he thinks that I should train tomorrow. Oh, one more thing: he injected some slow reacting steroid, so if I see results it'll be in 2 or 3 weeks from now.

Offline silly_guy

• Silver Member
Can you keep us updated on how things work out for you?

I'm also curious about what the shot will do for other types of tissues.  My doc and I spoke about this a couple of months ago, and I have another appt coming up soon.

Apparently the shot can cause fat to atrophy, which seems like it might not be a bad thing if there's a little fat under there.

Offline isr-guy

• Posting Member
Of course I'll keep you posted guys.

Btw, are you familiar  with the nipple's tendency to relax and retract according the weather
?  since I had my shot it is relaxed and puffy without ever being contracted. Do you think that this is a sign for some physiological response?

About what you said - It seems to me like that a shot of some catabolic steroid can be good for puffy nipples, but I'm sure the doctors already thought about it and decided it isn't a good solution for some reason.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2006, 09:16:34 PM by isr-guy »

Offline silly_guy

• Silver Member
Might be a little early, but was curious if you have seen any results yet?

Offline isr-guy

• Posting Member
to tell you the trurt? it's have been very cold here (Israel) lately, so I just can't tell... 1.5 week after the steroid shot there was no difference, but the doctor said that *if* it is going to do something it'll happen 2 or 3 weeks after the shot.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024