Author Topic: New member, visited Endo today  (Read 1905 times)

Offline jmw1515

Hi everyone,

I have been lurking around here for a while, but decided to finally join up.

I am a 24 year old male that has gyne in both of my pecs.   I went to the endo today, and he examined me and determined I have breast tissue only by feeling my chest.

He did not prescribe anything, but mentioned tamoxifen and arimidex as proven ineffective treatment options if I wanted to waste my time.  He said he would refer me to a surgeon in the area that does alot of glandular excision, however, what bothered me was that he mentioned the technique of going in through the armpit to remove the gland and tissue.  I don't want it to be done that way!

Blood was drawn to test for HCG and my thyroid, and then we can proceed.

He basically told me that I would need surgery, but would do all he could to help ensure that Blue Cross Blue Shield would foot the bill.  I am really hoping he will help me get this covered, but I am not crossing my fingers since insurance companies are so ruthless.

I will keep everyone updated on my status as things move forward.

Cheers.
Blah

Offline jmw1515

Where does it sound like I complained?

I was merely stating my case and what happened from my experiences today.

You are an not a nice person for mocking me and an example of the kinds of people that need NOT reply to anyone's posts.

Get a handle on your emotions before wasting your time typing a pointless post like the one on this thread.

Offline marctrex

• Posting Member
Sounds like you have a great endo!

He did not prescribe anything, but mentioned tamoxifen and arimidex as proven ineffective treatment options if I wanted to waste my time.

I agree with this 100%, don't waste your time with these treatments that may or may not temporarily reduce the problem.

They can either remove the glandular tissue by going in through the armpits or by cutting below the aerolas.  Some people prefer the armpits because they don't want the per-aerola scar.  However this scar seems to fade over time.

If you want a more detailed exam to determine the exact composition of the tissue in your chest.  You can go to an oncologist or an imaging center and get a mammogram and ultrasound done.  This is the only way to be certain about the tissue in your chest.

Offline rocketrob

• Silver Member
  • GYNO IS A BIATCH!
Hey Gruff...... I really dont know why you browse this web-site, all I've heard from you toward others is negativity.... people are here looking for support and giudance from experienced members. You are not a positive or helpful person at all. Change your screen name to GRUMP and retire to another site...

Im sure many here agree

Rob

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024