Author Topic: Revision Op...  (Read 1722 times)

Gruff

Hi guys,

Rather than add to my long winded existing thread I thought i'd simplify things and make a basic as possible but still a little detailed post on my revision op! It's been 8 days now.

I had a gland excision only, aged 26 in the U.K, free on the NHS after a 9 - 12 month waiting list i can't remember exactly. About 2 years ago.

The surgeon was a 'general surgeon' rather than plastic or cosmetic. He did a decent job though for free. A half moon aerola reduction and excision of my glands to my rough estimate of around 90 - 95% of the gland.

It was a decent op, virtually un-noticeable scarring.

I wasn't happy with the remaining 5 - 10% though... It just bugged me a little. Didn't prevent me being shirtless, wearing black he he, but it was still a little there.

Anyway i've just visited Taiwan's top cosmetic breast surgeon. Because I live and work here now (i'm from England though) For $200 ish U.S dollars I got a gland excision revision, plus lipo.

This was a week ago now and i can confirm the results are amazing, way better than the first job, which was very good! He showed me how he was even able to reduce the existing scar. It was so natural looking i was amazed!

The surgeon has been very direct and honest. There is a lump still there. He guarantee's 100% it is a blood filled sack, as it's exactly where he removed the major gland lump. He was also very honest and said it would drain naturally, no need to syringe it!

He also said this blood clot would definately leave some scar tissue. Although there was no question in his mind. If it's still there in a month or two i get a cortisone injection to break it down.

Apart from that the surgery is as close to 100% as possible!

Total costs including meds, a few extra fees etc, totals a bit under $300 U.S WOW  :o

This isn't a lecture on take 'the cheap option'. Cheap usually means bad! Just not in this case  :)
If anything it's a case of saying visit the best, the money shouldn't be the main issue. This guy was the best, just the Asian best!

Please don't read this and book yourselves into some dodgy India surgery, jut because they too cost $500. Every country is different. Taiwan health care standards generally exceed U.K standards, believe it or not.

Yay to me!

Gruff

Offline orrible

• Previously stonecold... 9.11.05 Surgery Levick
well done Gruff, im struggling after having an op privately in the uk, have you got any pics? my pics and experience is in my sig.

btw who was the surgeon and does he hav a web site?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2006, 01:54:18 PM by stonecold »

Offline orrible

• Previously stonecold... 9.11.05 Surgery Levick
Hey Gruff thanks for the response, i still feel i have issues on the outer walls of my chest where the arm pit meets the chest. That side i think was neglected in my original surgery and im looking to get that corrected. I thik this time around i want to get it right so will travel anywhere now to use the right surgeon.

When your bruisings subsided i would love to see your pics. Best of luck with the healing and congrats.

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
I'm in the same boat. I had surgery 3 months ago and although it looks significantly better and I am happy with my results, I can't help but think it could be a little flatter.

I have no problem wearing a single t-shirt or going shirtless at the beach or pool. Maybe I'm nuts, but after a year, I may seek revision.  We'll see......

Hey Gruff, you don't seem abrupt, bad tempered or snappy, what's with the name Gruff?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2006, 06:09:12 PM by jc71 »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024