Author Topic: This is me  (Read 4207 times)

Offline JJ_Gyne

• Posting Member
@Sophie... I have had 3 mammograms over the past 4 years. Increasing in size by a cup size or more in between each visit.
I been at endocrinology b4 but they just kind of left me hanging. This visit is to basically document that monitoring is basically acceptance and hopefully reassure that 
my hormone mix and levels isn't hurting me long term.

@Justagirl/@Johndoe1 - so my body is maybe amping up on a mix that is making my breasts feel like they are on boosters?

Offline Parity

• Silver Member
I would have to agree with what has been said.  Keep asking questions and get the answers.

I think all of us here can a attest to the fact that growth happens at night.  I often feel some pain, a slight tingle and mild discomfort during the day but I'll wake at rubbing, scratching and massaging from the discomfort.  The last couple of weeks I have had sore breast.  I mixed up my wearing of a minimizer to a more relaxed cup bra thinking the presser was causing the soreness.  The last couple nights I have been waking experiencing the same things you described.  I did get a new bra that is a size up in the cup and washed it yesterday so will give it a go today. I'm still learning and trying things as well.

Chin up, I hope you discover there is no major health issue going on.

Offline WPW717

• Silver Member
Keep the investigation active. My trajectory was a rapid Testosterone drop beyond the norm. Aromatase during this time had its way with converting T to E and , boom, gynecomastia. E dominated for a few months then all sex hormones went so low as to become unmeasurable.
A few other waffles in the labs keyed my Endocrinologist to locate a parathyroid adenoma. The localization of that prior to surgery showed a bright spot in the cranial cavity. A year later and I now have a Prolactinoma. Breasts have remained tender throughout this time. Mammogram shows dense florrid growth. Will need to do repeated examinations from here on out. Medical community here tend to keep conditions in separate boxes and it’s a chore to get them to communicate in a timely manner. I still get those growth feelings and itching so the gynecomastia is progressing despite the serial events being handed.
Currently on Cabergoline for tumor suppression so keep your endocrinologist focused on your body as it surprises me almost daily. Might be more going on than they realize.
Regards, Bob

Offline RAPC

• Posting Member
Don't know how you feel about it, but for what it's worth, I would love to have a pair like that.

Offline JJ_Gyne

• Posting Member
Thanks, if only the rest of the population would be as receptive as the members of this forum.

Offline Johndoe1

Thanks, if only the rest of the population would be as receptive as the members of this forum.
Amen!

I am finding a thaw that was previously not there. Not a large one, but I seem to not be getting as many looks as I use to. I admit I don't know if that's because I am not getting as many or I am just not noticing anymore. I have become much more comfortable with my chest's appearance (as many of you know I am firmly in the DD/DDD range these days) and hiding my curves is pointless so I don't try. That's not to say I have thrown modesty to the wind because I have not. But I have found that there's a difference between hiding and modesty (it's a trick well endowed women use to stop unwanted attention) and maybe that's playing a role too.
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Offline Parity

• Silver Member
I to do believe there is a greater number of people that do understand our situation and don't give it a thought.  I feel many know they can't say anything for fear of being shamed themselves for treating others in such a negative way.  It's a slow change in society but a welcome one.  I hope the wave continues to grow.

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
As I’ve gotten a little larger. I’ve noticed the quick glance down a little more often, almost always women, but no reaction other than to continue with the conversation or interaction, depending upon the situation. I, personally, ignore the glances but being definitely male, kinda wonder what they’re thinking. 🤷‍♂️

Offline JJ_Gyne

• Posting Member
When I go out I usually am wearing layers, and not holding myself in very normal posture.
Crossed arms slouched etc.

I find myself overly preoccupied with what others my perceive. Hate the feeling 
I tell myself I don't care. But I know I really do and live like I am being judged.

Hate that feeling .. deep mental issue I can't shake.

Offline Sophie

• Silver Member
Its all in a whole bunch of little tiny baby steps. Those who know you, know that you have breasts. If you're wearing a bra, the can do easy math too. Breasts + support+ comfort and shape= bra.

❤️Sophie❤️

Offline Johndoe1

As I’ve gotten a little larger. I’ve noticed the quick glance down a little more often, almost always women, but no reaction other than to continue with the conversation or interaction, depending upon the situation. I, personally, ignore the glances but being definitely male, kinda wonder what they’re thinking. 🤷‍♂️
I see those too and I have to admit, I find pleasure that they are getting scrutiny from a woman. I know women check each other out as common practice, checking potential competitors. It's a little special to be included in a "check out!"

Offline JJ_Gyne

• Posting Member
Those who know you, know that you have breasts. 
Guess I am being naive to think that they don't realize it. Or perhaps am some superior ninja that is hiding it perfectly in the shadows.

So the thought then becomes if they do know they say nothing they are just avoiding confrontation as much as I am?
I suppose it would be pretty strange for people to come up to me and say so you have breasts now, what's that like.?

Or is it the frog in boiling water scenario. ..drop em in they hop out. raise it slow they cook?
So people close may not notice as much cause they been around me ... people who don't see me or don't know me won't care because A) they really don't care or B)Don't want to engage.

Leaving C) the rare occurrence that I have yet to experience where someone calls me out cause they feel like they are police of the world as they see it.  

Offline 42CSurprise!

I think it is possible for people in our lives to be so comfortable with who we are that they're not inclined to judge changes we may be going through.  I'm close to my former wife and over the decades we've known each other we've both gone through changes that haven't drawn focused attention.  It could be grey hair, a rounding body and even breasts growing on one's chest that don't elicit comment.  It could be wrinkles, sagging breasts, a double chin... but we're still at heart the person they know and possibly love.  We all change with time and I think most folks understand that.  There really isn't a need to comment on every change... even breasts on a man... especially when it is happening all around us.

Honestly, I believe we talk about it here because we feel a certain excitement about it.  That is probably why photos that are shared are so often viewed.  I don't think it is idle curiosity... it is something more, but I won't try to psychoanalyze this cohort.  We KNOW who we are...

Offline Johndoe1

Those who know you, know that you have breasts.
Guess I am being naive to think that they don't realize it. Or perhaps am some superior ninja that is hiding it perfectly in the shadows.

So the thought then becomes if they do know they say nothing they are just avoiding confrontation as much as I am?

They know. When a good friend found out I was wearing a bra she said, "Finally! You look so much better supported than not. You weren't fooling anyone."

I suppose it would be pretty strange for people to come up to me and say so you have breasts now, what's that like.?

No one does that that I have seen.

Or is it the frog in boiling water scenario. ..drop em in they hop out. raise it slow they cook?
So people close may not notice as much cause they been around me ... people who don't see me or don't know me won't care because A) they really don't care or B)Don't want to engage.
Exactly. 

Offline JJ_Gyne

• Posting Member
So did another spot check with endocrinology... 
Told me my hormone fluctuations won't kill me or do any permanent damage.. oh yay..

So come home and discuss how my breasts kind of my things uncomfortable for me in public and likewise for my wife.
In her own words, "It is kind of weird to have a husband whose breasts are just as big as mine".

I said "I wouldn't go that far."

"She said you wear my bras"

"Ok point taken"

So today I wore this. :-)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024