Author Topic: Why We Remain Estrogen Dominant  (Read 262 times)

Offline Dudewithboobs

• Bronze Member
Good morning, I was curious what views those who care to share may have as to why they have opted to embrace their estrogen dominance, rather than doing what may be available to balance and tip the scales back in to testosterone dominance? What is it about being estrogen dominant that you have found to be worth staying on this side of the fence rather figuring out where the gate is to get back over "there". 

For me, the physical changes have been worth the personal and mental changes. My breasts have filled in more this year than years past, and other physical issues have become more frequent. But it's worth it to me when I realize how much more calm and at peace I am about things. How involved I am in my emotions and understanding of the emotions of others particularly my wife's. And just the overall sense of feeling I'm a better person. 

Curious if any care to share, what makes you realize the downsides of estrogen dominance is worth staying estrogen dominant. 

Offline taxmapper

There has always been in my entire life a certain amount of "female" desires that existed.  Always had an affinity toward certain clothing, but moreover the shape and feel of a body that is more toward the female side is to me more natural. 

But moreover, the emotions are different and not as aggressive. 
(That feeling is highly toxic to me) and I don't like the feelings that come with it. 

It "FEELS" more natural and desirable. 

Offline Dudewithboobs

• Bronze Member
Couldn't agree more. I think that is a common thing with the feelings and such. For myself, I don't even like being around men very much anymore beecause they are just kind of gross to me like, is that how i used to be? was i always like that? it is eye opening i think when you begin to notice you are seeing things through a different lens and that just adds to the empathy and understanding that evolves as you begin to feel and gravitate toward more feminine emotions/feelings. I feel it's honestly made me a better man. 

Offline WPW717

• Silver Member
My body has never been easy to live in. Understand that I now realize it was an endocrine soup for decades. Now it’s seeking its true direction. The body with the breasts and the skin, its new softness, along with depilitation. It’s the estrogen now, not any  testosterone. But the part of this evolution that is most satisfying is the mental serene and calming approach to life and its challenges has become.
I like the lost ‘toxic’ part of being male and sliding into the more feminine aspects of the ‘estrogen highway’.
I am most comfortable in groups of women nowadays. I am at peace most of the time.
Regards, Bob

Offline Johndoe1

For me, I have always been a Beta male. Never wanting to push the envelope, so to speak. Never being aggressive. This is all I know. I have seen the testosterone aggression in other male relatives and many times with negative results. I fear that could have/be me. As the estrogen has enveloped me more and more over the years, my desire to "hang out" with the guys is not something I enjoy doing. I don't feel like I fit in with them. My body certainly doesn't and after talking to a doctor about testosterone HRT, at this point, it would be more along the lines of a detransition due to the time and amount of estrogen. And the physical attributes estrogen had created would not change. So why? In the end, I have become happy with myself, even if I am not completely comfortable with my body all the time.  But I don't think I ever would be. Just not me. Plus it's taken too damn long to get to this point of acceptance. 
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Offline Dudewithboobs

• Bronze Member
Thank you for sharing John! The body is fascinating to me where balancing hormones, would after a duration of time become a discussion of detransitioning rather than just general rebalancing. But I assume once the chemistry of the body becomes so accustomed to something, taking it away, does actual more rather not than sign me up. 

Offline Johndoe1

One of the major concerns with the doctor was even with an estrogen blocker, there would still be some amount of aromatization of testosterone. Because of the size of my breasts, they could do anything from remaining the same size to increasing in size. She didn't think it was a good idea. It could make things worse. It's better to live with the devil you know than the one you don't. 

Offline Dudewithboobs

• Bronze Member
Thats a more than fair assessment and way to put it. Do they know what had caused your breasts to grow so significantly? As well, was there any way to intervene with them growing larger than they would have? For many, it seems gynecomastia is incredibly minor and not really that much of a notice. And typically associated with those well beyond the healthy weight limit. That's not to shame anyone who may be heavier, but to say, it seems many don't seem to grow breasts the size of many of us here and am always curious for those who went from a to b to c to dd to whatever, was there a moment that could have prevented continued growth?

Offline Justagirl💃

• When life gives you curves, Flaunt them! 🤗
 For many, it seems gynecomastia is incredibly minor and not really that much of a notice. And typically associated with those well beyond the healthy weight limit. That's not to shame anyone who may be heavier, but to say, it seems many don't seem to grow breasts the size of many of us here and am always curious for those who went from a to b to c to dd to whatever, was there a moment that could have prevented continued growth?
Funny, my parents went the route of testosterone treatments in my late teens with the hopes of "slowing down" the obvious direction puberty was directing me.

I might think that the testosterone did slow things down a bit but had horrible side effects with it. It doesn't however reverse any changes the body has already incurred. 
The estrogen returns to do it's magic as soon as treatments stop. It's quite obvious that that avenue requires a lifelong commitment.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2024, 03:40:58 AM by Justagirl💃 »
When life gives you curves,
flaunt them! 💃
💋Birdie💋

Offline Johndoe1

Thats a more than fair assessment and way to put it. Do they know what had caused your breasts to grow so significantly? As well, was there any way to intervene with them growing larger than they would have? For many, it seems gynecomastia is incredibly minor and not really that much of a notice. And typically associated with those well beyond the healthy weight limit. That's not to shame anyone who may be heavier, but to say, it seems many don't seem to grow breasts the size of many of us here and am always curious for those who went from a to b to c to dd to whatever, was there a moment that could have prevented continued growth?
They don't know what the root cause was other than a hormone imbalance that occurred (and continues) at puberty. I started budding at 11 and it didn't really stop until I was around 20. At that time I was a B/C. Over time, I have yo-yo-ed in weight and when I put on weight, my breasts would grow. When I lost weight, they did not decrease noticeably and then would grow again in another round of weight gain. In the last few years, they have grown without any prodding that I am aware of. I have never felt I was in the wrong body or any of those type dysphoria. I just have what I have and want to be left alone to deal with my body in the best way I see fit, not how society thinks I should deal with it. But I do side more on the feminine side than male side. I have always rather be around women than men and I am heterosexual.

Offline Evolver

• Gold Member
For me, I have always been a Beta male. Never wanting to push the envelope, so to speak. Never being aggressive. This is all I know. I have seen the testosterone aggression in other male relatives and many times with negative results. I fear that could have/be me. As the estrogen has enveloped me more and more over the years, my desire to "hang out" with the guys is not something I enjoy doing. I don't feel like I fit in with them.
I can relate to that.

I need to preface what I'm about to say by admitting that I've never had my E levels tested, but I do get my T tested regularly and it is consistently in the lower half of normal range for my age. I'm only assuming that I am estrogen dominant because of my heart and soul, which manifests itself through my feelings, emotions and mannerisms. This assumption is also based on the fact that I think I have pseudo instead of genuine gynecomastia. That said, I can't feel any fibrous tissue in my wife's D-cup breasts either! 

It doesn't happen anymore, but I used to thoroughly enjoy the rare, raucous, boozy night out at the pub, normally with workmates for a send-off or something. Good times. But, it was always good to leave early and retreat to the comfort of what I knew best. I was never one to do an all-nighter.

About a month ago my wife and I went to our son's place for dinner and our D.I.L.'s parents were also there, who we have become good friends with. Takeout was ordered and my son went to pick it up, his F.I.L said he'd go too, I wasn't asked but could have easily latched on, but I chose not to. I had a grand old time sitting there in pure female company instead!

It was my wife's birthday a couple of weeks ago. Part of our routine for those occasions is to get a soppy card, add to it with our own words and leave it on the pillow for it to be read at bedtime the night before. I found the perfect one for her this year, all about how I'm aware that I can't always express myself properly and that she might feel underappreciated as a result. As she read it, I broke down unashamedly. I used to fight the urge to display such emotion, but no more, because it happens too often. A few nights ago, we watched the finale of I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here! which still runs here (Frankie Muniz was on it this year!) and they got to the final three contestants and the producers brought their families over to surprise them. Again, I let go, and my face could have watered the garden. I've always felt like crying under the same circumstances previously, but now I just let it out instead of blocking it. What is happening to me? (rhetorical question)

Offline Johndoe1

As time has marched on, I too can't hold back the water works. I cry at the drop of a hat. A female friend calls it "my womanly heart". She may be right. It certainly doesn't respond like a man's heart. 

Offline Dudewithboobs

• Bronze Member
Agreed.

I've only had my levels checked when I had initial onset in early 2019. Shortly after my Dr. retired and finding a new one was difficult when covid hit and things were being figured out how to manage general visits. I honestly haven't been to a dr since then and have seen take home hormone tests in walgreeens and stuff but have always wondered how accurate they were and at the price I felt like it wasn't worth it, always waiting for things to balance on their own, and as they haven't, just losing interest in caring.

Most women's breasts I read are actually more fat than glandular and not common are breasts dense fibrous tissue. Which when it comes to mammograms I hear is much better for finding things which of course we all hope no one ever finds anything on those other than just healthy breasts. 

I can relate to the boozy night with the guys. In my 20s it was tough to remember the weekends lol. When I got married and had kids I blamed the detaching from that on just focusing on family, being too tired from work, money needed to go elsewhere, but truth was, I just didn't like them anymore. Something shifted and wasn't till the last year I realized why it did, but just felt that part of my life was just and ending chapter, growth as a part of life, maturity...when in reality it was just I no longer felt comfortable around guys. Their jokes, their smell, their habits, it was just boring dull and gross to me. Finding myself looking at them whether they were previous friends or just general observation, going "is that what I was like". I found so much more comfort in talking to women, being part of "girl talk". And being in the company with women. When my wife and I go out with friends, I find myself sitting with the women while the men go off to talk sports politics and economics. I find they welcome me and don't ask me if I want to go in the other room with the guys. They ask for my opinion on things and it's nice to feel like I belong there. When a task needs done I'm rarely someone they ask to come join for help. I'm perfectly capable, I'm strong, tall enough, I'm pretty handy, but something just seems to tell them to ask others instead of me to help with masculine things. Which is fine, I never think "why didn't they ask me" I never volunteer I never jump at the opportunity, I'm happier sipping coffee talking about things with the women. 

Even in relationships I have never felt comfortable being the one to make a first move, the aggressor and protector, the come home push against the wall and let's get to it. I have always been the person who lets them take control and lead me to what they wanted.  I've never felt comfortable being the dominant person. I'm uncomfortable making decisions, I do the cooking cleaning and laundry while my wife does the more masculine roles of home duties. She comes up behind me and smacks my backside while I'm the one who asks if I can have a hug. She plays on her phone a lot while I watch romance movies and tearing up. When my wife is being aggressive in an opinion, I am more emphatic and trying to put myself in the topic of conversation's shoes. 

It's a shame Beta Male is often characterized as someone who is some feminine for lack of better words, sissy. When it really is just a personality type of submitting or resigning/deferring to others. It isn't a sign of anything other than just being more relaxed rather than controlling or dominant in situations. I think many of us could agree we are Beta Males. And I think personally between beta and alphas, the beta's are probably a happier, relaxed more satisfied bunch when it comes to day to day.

Offline WPW717

• Silver Member
Evolved, 
That has been my arc in life too.

Who was that guy 50-60 years ago?

To the balance of the rest of us, I can relate wholeheartedly. What was most interesting to me was the speed and intensity at which these changes came over the past few years .

Thoroughly enjoying the ride and life despite the bumps.

Offline Sophie

• Silver Member
I can say that I remember WAY back as a 10 year old, I was curious when I first started developing breasts. I knew what they were and that girls had breasts and boys didn't. After seeing the doctor about my developments, that's when I knew that my gynecomastia was well beyond the typical gynecomastia that teenage boys would occasionally experience. 

My curiosity shifted to being excited about the fact that I had breasts that I would have to start supporting. That's when my mother had the bra talk with me and she hd me try on some of my sister's bras that she had outgrown. I knew that girls usually were excited about developing and getting their first bras. I think that I was just as excited but, I couldn't show it. I just accepted the bras and wore them around the house mostly. I think the next time I remember being curious and excited about them was when my sister saw me topless and made kinda a big deal about the fact that she thought that mine were as big as hers! That's when I started wearing a bra full time. 

I have a theory that estrogen not only causes our breasts to develop, I think that estrogen also helps with our own acceptance of them. I think that with everything else that estrogen does for us, I think that estrogen works on the brain and does a bit of rewiring that allows us to accept and in many case embrace our lumps and curves. 

It was just a thought. 

❤️Sophie❤️

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024