Author Topic: what does the endocrologist* do at the appt?  (Read 2257 times)

Offline Dpw

• Posting Member
Ultrasound, mammograph, and now I see a endo next week, I understand he checks hormones but how and what kind of test does he do, any needles? One step closer to getting to surgery if my test come back fine my doc said, my testeorone was 400 and I'm age 24 is this too low?, my doc said he doesn't know how to read the test so he is sending me to endo.

Offline jojo82

• Silver Member
I had my hormones checked for a completely unrelated procedure. Yes, there are needles involved. I think 4 or 5 vials of blood were taken for the tests. Aside from the obvious tests (testosterone & estrogen), they also checked some other stuff like lymphocyte levels, etc.

And yea, everything came back normal for me. I hope everything goes as well for you.

Offline Raider Fan

• Gold Member
Yes, he will draw blood to do a variety of tests.  Endocrinologists love to do blood work.  It's pretty much all they do. 

A total T level of 400 is well within the normal range, so I wouldn't think you would be a candidate for testosterone replacement therapy.  That is GOOD news.  You don't want to have to take it unless you truly need it. 

Often, since T levels can vary so much, a doctor likes to get 2 or 3 blood T readings before making a decision on testosterone replacement. 

Offline Dpw

• Posting Member
2 month wait for appt, man I wanted surgery ASAP, but there are long waits in between these appts

Offline walt

• Gold Member
hello all i went to my endo this week and she did a full exam including full breast exam, testicals, prostate ect and ordered up 2 pages of blood work 10 tubes to be exact. i do have other issues to go along with the gyn.including erratic blood pressure and a pituitary adinoma.my endo system is all asque.so for now im just waiting for blood results.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024