Author Topic: New Guy seeking advice  (Read 1772 times)

Offline Geno1911

First off, I am very please to have found this site after having watched a young man's before and after photos on you-tube. He showed this site and, I immediately came here for support. I am 6'5 with an athletic football players build. I have always been shaped this way however, I have never been able to come to a place of total comfort and contentment with myself due to my enlarged breast. This has always been a issue for me over the years which, has stopped me from dancing, running, wearing t-shirts, "by themselves" and other things. I am tired of having to adjust my t-shirts from under my breast and, having to move the seat belt from that area adds to my frustration and discouragement. I recently went for a consult and, I was told that my case was indeed severe. I am very excited about this procedure but, I am not sure what types of cost will be affiliated with this procedure. I am from Chicago, Il and, my consult was in Munster, In. Is anyone from these areas and, could anyone be of assistance in what and how I should prepare? I am planning on doing a "Medi-Credit" to fund my procedure, is this a good choice? Lastly, I am really looking forward to doing this before I reach my 30th birthday in April. I am new here and, I hope that this post is received well and I receive a genuine response from it.
Thanks!
-G

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Welcome to gyne.org!!

There are many good surgeons who could be of help to you.  Would suggest you consult several plastic surgeons and question them specifically about their volume of gyne procedures.  This is not an easy operation and you want to be sure that your chosen surgeon has the interest and experience to do it well.  Look for a lot of before and after photos in his office or website.  And since the very best chance for a good result is the original operation, do not make your choice on fee alone -- that is not wise.

If you wish, you can post some photos on this site as well -- and you will receive some valuable comments and guidance.

Finally, I would be pleased to offer a free consultation to you if you wish.  Simply send me your name and email address by personal message and I will send you the appropriate information.

Best of luck!

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Raider Fan

• Gold Member
Welcome, Geno!

From the costs I've seen reported around here, I think a realistic range is $4,000 to $7,000 for gyne correction.  Everyone doesn't need the same things, so costs can vary, but I think that's a good range to estimate the cost.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024