Author Topic: Are They Boobs or Moobs?  (Read 1931 times)

Offline MychalBloodwing

• Bronze Member
Am I mistakenly thinking I have Gynecomastia? I have lost 12 pounds in the past 5 months, but my chest measurements remain the same.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2021, 09:19:03 PM by MychalBloodwing »

Offline JKing

• Posting Member
I’m no medical professional but it does look like you have gynecomastia. See your GP because in rare cases the cause can be a sign of other more serious health issues. After that, when you get the all clear you can think about what you want to do next. 

Offline MychalBloodwing

• Bronze Member
I have my annual "wellness physical" scheduled in  about a month from now. I've had yearly blood tests for all vitals these past 30 years, so I'll now probably be adding testing my hormone levels...I think my age (71+) and spinal stenosis has finally diminished my testosterone level to where estrogen has taken over. Whatever the case, if my life isn't in danger, I will keep my body as is and see about bras. By my home measurements (using the "ABraThatFits" calculator), I'm a 40D.

Offline MychalBloodwing

• Bronze Member
That's what my wife says. ;) As I understand from reading the info gathered by the ABraThatFits group, my chest is categorized as having "wide roots" and "athletic". All I can say is that my underbust measures 40 inches and my standing bust measures 44 inches. I plugged those and 4 other measurements into their calculator and "40D" shows up. I'll see what the doctor(s) say after my blood tests.

Offline taxmapper

The fitting is in order. here is why. 

Remember that those measurements typically include the mass of the breast taken in. Not just projection but body as well. 
Men typ. have much wider upper rib cages and thus the diff. may not actually be a "D' cup but like mine, I am classified with 4 inches of diff. between band and bust. That does put me into a D cup by chart, but I barely fill a low b cup placed over my breasts. 

Another way of looking at this is spread. 
So a fitting is in order.  

I personally have 44B sports bras and they work just fine. If I got into a proportional D cup I would be breaking out in a huge way. 

Offline MychalBloodwing

• Bronze Member
A Bra That Fits has always made it understood that the measurement calculation is the starting point to finding the perfect bra for a person. :)

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
Abrathatfits is a good starting point, but seems to have a harder time with men because of the wide differences in men’s rib cages. 
Their calculator puts me in a J cup (crazy) I actually fit a DD quite well. I’d take taxmapper’s advice and start with a B cup and go from there.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024