Author Topic: My Story....  (Read 4096 times)

Offline rancho

• Posting Member
Hi,

Yeah. Classic case here. Discovered the board and made an appoinment. A real pisser was I wanted my surgery for early Aug - and I had a conulsation a month ago - got REALLY sick the morning of (nerves?) and i had to cancel so I just went one my rescheduled one this week. Fielding was VERY nice. Everything about it was fine. The waiting room was a tad awkward. Whatever, head down, in and out.  He did charge me $1500. I questioned him in a nice way but for a little more I really don't care.

He said I have a weird case where it seems to be all fat no gland.  

Surgeries are booking into Sept/Oct now which REALLY SUCKS. Is there any chance I can get someones in Aug? and/or if you cancel, PLEASE POST IT HERE. I may not be able to go until November/December because of other issues in my life.

I actually learned NOTHING new from Fielding because I read it all here already - still, he was great. He said you just have to miss about 3 days of work if you don't have a labor job which is a relief.

Has anyone here ever told their girlfriend they are getting this done? I feel really AWKWARD. i'm thinking of just going in and telling her while i'm re-couping in bed.

It's also funny to read what people have been saying about the secretary because it's all so true.  

Anyways....
i'll be in touch.
please keep posted with pics/updates!

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Rancho...

$1500 bones huh? JCF's fee continues to go up. Wont be long before he's charging $2000. :o :o :o

No, I didn't tell the gf. Did tell the wife tho. Hehe... jk!  Seriously tho, yeah, I told my wife what my intentions were for my moobs. She said (pre-op) that my chest was fine. To her maybe, to me, I hated them! Still, she was very supportive of my decision to have surgery. Now, after all is said and done, Patricia says that my post-op chest looks much better than it did pre-op.

Blitz wants to keep his surgery a secret also. He doesn't want to tell his gf. I don't agree with that, but then that's his biz and who am I to say how he runs his affairs. Your gf will feel very hurt that you did not confide in her. Your gf is your mate, your best friend! If you can't confide in your best friend, then who can you confide in? How would you 'feel' if your gf went in for an operation and didn't include you in the loop? :-/

Gynecomastia is not that big of a deal Dude. Hey, it happens, so what? There's lots of guys out there with it. It's more common than everyone thinks. Dr. Fielding and Leslie see lots of guys with Gyne. To them, you are just another patient that wants something fixed. They don't feel the need to whisper. Personally, I did not find Leslie to be very loud...

John out...
« Last Edit: June 25, 2005, 05:02:25 PM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline 3cheers

• Posting Member
Hey Rancho. If your are serious about her then I would tell. Letting her in will only make you  guys closer and easier for you. I dont know how I could have done it without my wife. She help me wash my hair and body and change the bandage and did the chores and erands. Also my older brother knows now (he gave me a ride to the Hospital and back) and his wife also knows. I dont know how many people they told.

10-4 :P
3cheers

Offline Grandpa Bambu

I dont know how I could have done it without my wife. She help me wash my hair and body and change the bandage and did the chores and erands.

Being married 'does' have its advantages!  ;)

John out...

Offline dps

• Bronze Member
  • gyne free since july 2005 :D

Gynecomastia is not that big of a deal Dude. Hey, it happens, so what? There's lots of guys out there with it. It's more common than everyone thinks. Dr. Fielding and Leslie see lots of guys with Gyne. To them, you are just another patient that wants something fixed. They don't feel the need to whisper. Personally, I did not find Leslie to be very loud...

John out...

I thought the complete opposite about Leslie. To me she seemed super discrete about my condition. She whispered and asked me if I would like to have the condition mentioned on my claim form (i don't have OHIP and am getting it done with a private insurance company). She is also very careful not to mention the exact condition whenever she talks to me. Really nice lady. A little abrupt at times and that might make people think she's rude but I think she's just a professional.

Anywya just my 0.02
[ photos ] :: [ diary ]

Offline dps

• Bronze Member
  • gyne free since july 2005 :D
yadda yadda

Completely off topic, but dude that is one sick tatoo!
:o. The detail is just amazing, and the lady isn't bad either ;).

Offline Grandpa Bambu

I thought the complete opposite about Leslie.Really nice lady. A little abrupt at times and that might make people think she's rude but I think she's just a professional.

Anywya just my 0.02

Yes! You are right there Dude. Leslie is very nice. I didn't think she was rude at all.

John.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Completely off topic, but dude that is one sick tatoo!
:o. The detail is just amazing, and the lady isn't bad either ;).

Well thanks there my man!

Yeah, the artist did an awesome job on 'Tania'. Tania was a Sunshine Girl in the Toronto Sun a while back. Here are the two pics that inspired 'Tania'.

Flag Girl

Tania

Later....

John.

« Last Edit: June 29, 2005, 06:43:46 PM by Bambu »

Offline toronto

• Silver Member
  • Gyne Free since April 27, 2005
does your wife know about this obsession with Tania???  :o

Offline Grandpa Bambu

does your wife know about this obsession with Tania???  :o

Yeah, she's cool with the tat....  ;)

There's no obsession Dude. Just like the two pics. That's it that's all...  

John.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2005, 07:29:21 PM by Bambu »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024