Author Topic: JackD - fight again gyne - keeping track.  (Read 10180 times)

Offline Jackd

• Silver Member
Had the 2nd appointment today, testosterone levels are rising, slightly.. they are "low normal" so in the normal range but very low on it. better than it was before though!! Had MRI scan, no tumors or anything which is a relief. Got to go back in 6 months time, which is gonna be around March 2008... I think if I can get my weight and body fat levels down before this time and save some cash up, after I have that appointment I will see if my hormone levels have balanced enough to go in for surgery... don't really want to go for surgery before this time as I don't want a risk of it coming back.. might as well let the hormones settle down first. Just hoping I can wear a tshirt next summer.

Gotta have blood tests for diabetes now, great, more things to worry about!  Least everything is still progressing, even if its a bit slower than I'd like, but might as well sort it all for good and not just an expensive quick fix.

Offline KeepFighting

• Posting Member
Whats going on? Hope your feeling better. Post soon.

Offline Jackd

• Silver Member
Been a long time since I last posted.

Things have been, okay I guess... I've decided not to go for surgery early next year as first planned...

I have secondary hypergonadism which has caused the gyne and stopped me from growing etc so I look very young for my age... I've been on testosterone gel for 6 months now and I need to carry on with this before thinking of surgery really, the testosterone effects are noticeable, I do feel physically a bit better and I am starting to look more my age, but still a long way to go....  and I need to lose weight, which I haven't actually done anything about yet :(

I have all the motivation I ever need, but I just feel too depressed to actually carry anything out.

One thing I've noticed after 6 months on the testosterone treatment, my chest used to really hurt if I touched it, but now,  it doesnt really hurt at all... I'm not sure if this is a sign of them going away as per gyne caused by puberty.... I haven't really noticed if they have got smaller or not so can't really tell.

Anyways, I feel generally depressed still but with time I'm hoping things will improve. I'm trying to sort my debts out at the minute, so if I manage to lose weight next year and my endocrinologist says surgery is an option, then I'll be in a position to get a loan out and go see Dr Benito in Spain....

for now.... keep on with the testosterone treatment, try to actually lose some weight next year, and sorting my finances are top of my list. If I can lose some weight and tone up, and with a few new compression vests, I think I can manage another summer if needs be.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024