Author Topic: can anybody help?  (Read 2554 times)

Offline ziggy989

• Posting Member
hi i was wondering if anybody could help, i'm 19 years old and have had breasts since i can remember, i used to be a large boy, but 2 years ago i thought that was enough i lost all my weight, my breasts become a bit smaller but they are still there! i have been doing all the chest exercises but it does'nt seem to be doing the trick. i recently went to gp for help but to my dissapointment there was nothing he could do! he said it wasnt to bad for surgery, but i think otherwise if surgery is not an option is there anyother treatment ie. medication to try???? any suggestion will be appreciated.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Dude... Going to a GP is useless. From what I have read in the past 6 months, it sounds like Gynecomastia is more common than most of us think. Therefore, to a GP, he/she sees it as a common condition and regards it as 'normal'. They will tell you "Ah that's nothing to be worried about son!" or "It will go away eventually". But hey, they are not the ones who have to put up with having moobs/puffy areolas, you do!

There is no such thing as 'Not too bad for surgery'. If your Gyne bothers you, get it fixed.

I considered going to my GP but thought, what will he be able to do for me? Nothing except refer me to a PS. So why waste my time with the GP. I went directly to my PS. Within 7 weeks of making 'The Call', my moobs were gone!  ;)

Dude, make an appointment to see a PS and go from there....

John.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2005, 05:02:33 AM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline ziggy989

• Posting Member
cheers for advice buddy! but i dont think i could afford surgery, is there any other ways around surgery?????????

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
I dont think i could afford surgery, is there any other ways around surgery?????????

Yeah, I kinda thought that's what you were getting at.

From what I have read, Gyne is made up of gland and or fat tissue. If you have glandular Gynecomastia, surgery is the only way to get rid of it. Save your pennies, take out a loan, beg, borrow or steal (ah... on second thought, scratch the stealing bit) for your surgery.

John.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2005, 05:50:18 AM by Bambu »

Offline nukem2k5

• Breasts belong on women!
Sorry to say but he's right.  Do what you can to save up or get a loan and go to a PS.  You have to do your best to be patient.  I know that's easy for some of us to say because we've had surgery or have it planned, but there are no other proven ways of removing it.  

And I wouldn't recommend trying those testosterone boosters that supposedly remove gyne because they most likely can cause serious damage to your hormone system.

Good luck to you, sir.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2005, 10:32:37 AM by nukem2k5 »
Reborn on May 24, 2005
Surgery Cost: $4,040
Dr. David Metzner - New Orleans, LA
My Photos
Two Years Post-Op Photos

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
From your post and previous answers,  I find the following:

"Surgery is not an option"

"Gynecomastia is more common than most of us think"

"-- a GP -- sees it as a common condition and regards it as normal."

"I don't think I could afford surgery"

"I wouldn't recommend trying those testosterone boosters that supposedly remove gyne because they -- can -- damage your hormone system"

I personally recognize all of the above as wise advice.  Your problem is that you are left with a decision to make.  Your decision depends on just how much the gynecomastia really bothers you.  If it bothers you a lot, then you may have to re-evaluate your financial priorities so you can save up for Surgery.  If it is only a minor problem, you may simply ignore it or cope with it.

Do not make the mistake of self medicating.  You have little chance of success. Conversely, You can really screw yourself up.  The odds are against you.

Part with a little of your hard earned cash and see an Endocrinologist.  It may help you decide which course to follow.

I wish you well,

Dan
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024