Author Topic: ? about vest  (Read 2802 times)

Offline thatguy

• Bronze Member
this vest is killin me...i woke up last night and it wasnt on my chest it dropped down to my stomach and suprisingly there wasn't any major swelling...i had surg on the 28 and the doc said i can't take it off till i see him on the 3rd...would there be any harm if i took it off like 5 min at a time..i can't imagine wearing this thing for another 4 weeks!!

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
Keep it on.  After a couple of weeks maybe you could try a compression shirt from Underworks or similar company.  I used Underworks #997 as a transition garment and it was MUCH more comfortable. 
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Keep it on.

Nip....

Taking the vest off for a few minutes at a time to 'air out' the chest letting it breath a little and for showers couldn't hurt. I would say 'yes' keep it on for the first couple of days following surgery, after that, what's a few min at a time gonna do?

GB
« Last Edit: January 01, 2007, 08:24:25 PM by Grandpa Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
Keep it on.

Nip....

Taking the vest off for a few minutes at a time to 'air out' the chest letting it breath a little and for showers couldn't hurt. I would say 'yes' keep in on for the first couple of days following surgery, after that, what's a few min at a time gonna do?

GB

Yes, Bambu...   Every second of every day...  Even in the shower! 

OK, sorry about that.  I missed the 5 minutes part - must've been reading too fast for my brain to keep up.  Of course it's OK to take it off for a few minutes at a time.    :)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024