Author Topic: Is it just extra fat or gyne??  (Read 3677 times)

Offline john snow

Hey there. Here is my pics, I wanna know weather It's gynecomastia or It's just extra fat?. I don't wanna take the risk of the surgery because I'm not so bothered by that, but it will be great if there is another solution such as working out, regimen etc.
looking forward for your answers
thank you in advance

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
It appears to be mild gyne, which is a combination of fat and breast tissue.

You can easily answer your own question.  Simply diet and work out and lose 10-20 lbs -- then check your chest and see if you are satisfied.

For most guys, the fat component will diminish -- but the breast tissue will remain.  Your chest will get smaller but not be trim and contoured due to the remaining breast tissue.  In fact, you may possibly look worse because your breasts (even if slightly smaller) will contrast with your even more slender body.

But again, do the diet and the exercise and see for yourself.

Good luck!

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline john snow

thank you doctor , I've started working out since 3 weeks ago, can I hide it by muscles?? what kind of diet will be effective? I mean which type of  food should be removed or added??
Thank you very much

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Sorry, your excess tissue lies on top of your muscle.  If you build up muscle, it will simply push the excess tissue further out -- making the problem perhaps even more evident.  You cannot hide the tissue with more muscle.

As for diet and choice of foods, that is a subject that is much to complicated to deal with in this space.  However, there are lots of diet books around -- check them out.  Beware, though, there are no shortcuts.

Good luck!

Dr Jacobs

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024