Author Topic: ethical question  (Read 3170 times)

Offline unsure

• Bronze Member
I got the surgery done, i didn't have a big problem but it was noticable.

here is the problem two of my friends, one who is somwhat close and another who isn't both have Gyne, should i tell them they have gyne and it can be corrected for free? and give them the name of my  surgeon?  or should i just let them deal with it

today i told the guy who works at the local coffee shop, he is about 18 years old and has an obvious case, and he took it well, especially when i told him its covered by the governmetn and you are back to work in days

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
i think you could soften it by mentioning you had it yourself.  it's awkward at first, but they may not even know what it is.  you know what it can do to a life; if you do it right i'd vote yes.  
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline Jim1985

• Bronze Member
    • Pre and post surgery photos
When I told my parents that I decided to look in to surgery for my gyne, they were really supportive, I can't fault them on that, but they said to me they had noticed for years, but were afraid to bring it up! For some reason, that made me pretty angry, because I kept thinking well if they had of talked to me earlier maybe I could of got it sorted and really made the most of my teenage years!

I would say talk to both of them. It may be awkward, like headheldhigh said, but they will both appreciate it in the long run, a hell of a lot. ESPECIALLY, if it is free. My op cost a fair bit, and I had to ask my parents to pay for half and I spent all my life savings (which don't actually amount to much when you are only 20 and at University, lol)!!
Surgery 2nd April with Dr. Benito.

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
How about make up a little business card or mini-flyer with all of the pertinent info and just hand it to someone incognito when you see someone with gyne?

This will get the important info to them and save everyone the embarrassing conversation.

Offline Blarneystoner

• Gyne sucks
tell them about it
Please, Jesus, make my gyne go away!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024