Author Topic: percentage that get revision surgery  (Read 11674 times)

Offline gynoprison

• Posting Member
I have a two questions guys. The first has to do with revisions.What percentage have it done again.(three weeks post op and i'm not happy)

My second question is i was supposed to have lypo and gland removal.
Are those done thru the same incision?

My incision looks as if it was made thru the middle of my areolo for the gland removal. I thought lypo was done from an incision from just under the areolo. I have no incision there so i am wondering if i even had lypo done.

While i can see a change in the size, i feel they are still too pronounced.
Thank you in advance for any replies
« Last Edit: July 28, 2007, 07:04:49 PM by gynoprison »

Offline LMC1307

• Bronze Member
My doctor said he did my lipo from the same semi-circle incision made for the excision, that outlines the underneath of the nipple.
Went under the knife on 7/27/07 - Revision 5/22/08 - Great results this far.
Surgery performed by Dr. Placik M.D. F.A.C.S. in Chicago, IL

Offline gladididit

• Posting Member
They usually do the both through the same incision.  Be patient.  I bet you will continue to see improvements as you heal.

I am on week two post surgery.  Every day gets better.

:)

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Be patient. Some people have reported no problem with post operative swelling while others have indicated that it persisted for a long time before the breast area reached its final contour. You are an individual and you will not react as quickly, or as slowly as someone else.

Give it a couple of months and I think you'll be much more happy.
Grandpa Dan

Offline PeterBateman

• Gold Member
maybe dr. bermant will cut and paste something about revision numbers.

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
IMHO, I would say that there are too many variables (individual expectations, skill of surgeon, severity of gyne, individual recovery situations) to come up with a meaningful revision percentage.   Obviously, if the PS has an 80% revision rate and more than half of those go to a different surgeon for the revision, then stay away from that surgeon.  On the other hand, if one surgeon had a 5% rate, while another had 10%, then it may not have anything to do with the quality of the PS.  The better PS in some cases may even have the higher rate because he would likely be more critical of his own work and suggest the revision himself.   

NO, I don't have data to back up what I just said.  It's just my opinion. 

Anyway, you won't really have a good idea of where your final results are going for possibly a couple of months.  A few weeks after the surgery is way too early to be trying to judge your results.

« Last Edit: July 29, 2007, 12:23:21 PM by Mr_Nip »
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member

As your Mark Twain said .... "Lies, damn lies and statistics".

As someone else said (unknown) that "Some people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post"

In other words .. don't trust them.  ;D

Surgery performed by Mr Levick at The Priory Hospital Bimingham (UK) 20th October 2006

Offline gynoprison

• Posting Member
Thanks for all the input guys. There really is nothing i can do but wait. I hope i'm wrong but i don't think he  did enough lypo. I hardley bruised at all but my left side appears to be bigger. Prior to surgery they were the same size.

Thanks again.

DrBermant

I have a two questions guys. The first has to do with revisions.What percentage have it done again.(three weeks post op and i'm not happy)

My second question is i was supposed to have lypo and gland removal.
Are those done thru the same incision?

My incision looks as if it was made thru the middle of my areolo for the gland removal. I thought lypo was done from an incision from just under the areolo. I have no incision there so i am wondering if i even had lypo done.

While i can see a change in the size, i feel they are still too pronounced.
Thank you in advance for any replies
3 weeks after surgery is very early with some techniques.

Posting standardized after male chest surgery photographs is a good way of helping others understand your concerns.  You will note that my standard views include those that will not look good if there is a problem.  Flexing tissues tends to show residual tissue and adhesions.  That is why they are part of this standard set, so you can evaluate both the original problem and what surgery accomplished.

How tissues evolve after surgery depends on the original problem, what was done, skill of your surgeon, after care, how you heal, and other factors.

Tissues do change over time.  Swelling does evolve over time. 

I take care of many patients with gynecomastia, as many as 8 in one day alone.  With all the gynecomastia surgery I have done, it is very rare to have regrowth for patients I have sculpted. 

Secondary Surgery is often an option for those who had prior surgery.  Such issues are better discussed during a consultation with your surgeon or someone who can advise you about your options.  We help patients explore such issues during consultations or preliminary remote discussions.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline gynoprison

• Posting Member
Well, i'm six months post op and i still feel that the doctor didn't take enough fat and or gland out.

Dealt with this for about 30years and i felt this was my chance to get out of this prison.

What a waste. :(

Offline gynoprison

• Posting Member
Well, i'm six months post op and i still feel that the doctor didn't take enough fat and or gland out.

Dealt with this for about 30years and i felt this was my chance to get out of this prison.

What a waste. :(

Now I'm just over nine months post op. During my initial consultation the doc said that if a revision was necessary, then that would be free.(his services only) At my one month visit i told him i didn't think enough was taken out. They were still too pointy and resembled the female breast too much. He said they were fine and that my chest while carrying fat, also was muscular. I guess that was his way of saying that he wasn't going to do a revision.

I'm thinking about calling him at 10 months and seeing if i can go back in and he can see what he thinks now. I pretty much know what he is gonna say though. A revision isn't necessary. Well he's wrong.

Guy's...do your home work before you pick a doc for this surgery. I'm pissed beyond belief.

Offline KryptoKnight

• Silver Member
  • surgery worth every penny
^I'm curious to know how this goes, let me know

btw who is your doc?

Offline ahm2307

• Posting Member
I don't know the %, but you can count me in the lot, because I'm seriously considering it. If not as soon as possible, then some time in the near future.

Offline gynoprison

• Posting Member
Fifteen months to the day post op. Revision surgery is definitely needed.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024