Author Topic: HOW LONG BEOFRE I CAN HAVE A REVISION  (Read 8611 times)

Offline bob7375

• Bronze Member
NOT SURE IF I WILL NEED ONE OR NOT BUT I RECENTLY HAD SURGERY AND THE DOCTOR ONLY DID LIPO. I AM NOT THRILLED WITH THE RESULTS AT THIS TIME ALTHOUGH I KNOW THERE IS STILL SWELLING. IF I DO DECIDE TO GET THE GLAND REMOVED DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW LONG I WILL HAVE TO WAIT. ANY RESPONSES APPRECIATED

Offline flex1appeal

typically, a PS will not do a revision earlier than 6 months post op 1st surgery.

GynO_DuDe

As above ... gotta wait till its fully healed before they consider revision.

Offline tunapuff

• Bronze Member
give it a little time...try not to freak out into revision already.  You're like what? 7 days post op

DrBermant

NOT SURE IF I WILL NEED ONE OR NOT BUT I RECENTLY HAD SURGERY AND THE DOCTOR ONLY DID LIPO. I AM NOT THRILLED WITH THE RESULTS AT THIS TIME ALTHOUGH I KNOW THERE IS STILL SWELLING. IF I DO DECIDE TO GET THE GLAND REMOVED DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW LONG I WILL HAVE TO WAIT. ANY RESPONSES APPRECIATED
Posting Standardized After Gynecomastia Surgery Pictures that tend to show defects and what was done can help other better understand your contour issues.

Timing for surgery depends on many factors.  Tissue typically needs to heal and soften before most types of revision surgery. 

I have performed many revision gynecomastia operations and have much experience in secondary surgery.  Revision surgery sometimes involves compromises, realistic expectations are essential.

The need for Revision Gynecomastia Surgery varies depending on the problem to be treated, surgical technique(s), skill of the surgeon, and other factors.  I know of only a very few patients of mine who had revision surgery - the number is about one percent (and that includes patients I have not done but found out about). 

There can be many elements involved in revision gynecomastia surgery.  Deformities can include the access scar(s), remaining gland and scar after liposuction alone, and adhesion deformities.

Some crater deformities can be so extensive that there is not enough tissue left for revision.

Such questions are better explored during a consultation after an evaluation.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024