Author Topic: i'm 18 y/o, will it ever go away ?  (Read 3012 times)

Offline Depressedteen

Hello everyone
I am a pretty normal guy who just turned 18.
I am about to join the army.
I can't say about myself that i have reached my maximum physical and hormonal growth, meaning my beard has yet to grow all around the face, and so on.
I have what you may call "light" gyno, I mean I have fairly small and hard lumps inside my nipples. it is very noticeable when i take my shirt off, but if I pinch it a little bit, the nipples look perfectly fine. by the way, I'm not fat at all, beside the puffy nipples.

and my question is, is there a chance that the gyno will disappear in the next few years, as I complete my hormonal maturity?
I remind you that i haven't finished growing up, physically.

p.s.
I am 100% sure that this is a breast tissue and not just fat.

I thank dearly to everyone who will help me.
I might add that surgery is my last resort. the gyno is the one thing that make my life miserable.
(i'm sorry for grammar mistakes, i am not from the US)

Depressedteen.

DrBermant

Hello everyone
I am a pretty normal guy who just turned 18.
I am about to join the army.
I can't say about myself that i have reached my maximum physical and hormonal growth, meaning my beard has yet to grow all around the face, and so on.
I have what you may call "light" gyno, I mean I have fairly small and hard lumps inside my nipples. it is very noticeable when i take my shirt off, but if I pinch it a little bit, the nipples look perfectly fine. by the way, I'm not fat at all, beside the puffy nipples.

and my question is, is there a chance that the gyno will disappear in the next few years, as I complete my hormonal maturity?
I remind you that i haven't finished growing up, physically.

p.s.
I am 100% sure that this is a breast tissue and not just fat.

I thank dearly to everyone who will help me.
I might add that surgery is my last resort. the gyno is the one thing that make my life miserable.
(i'm sorry for grammar mistakes, i am not from the US)

Depressedteen.

Being patient helps, in most cases puberty gynecomastia goes away on its own. Gynecomastia that has not resolved by two years typically does not go away. 

Check out my Teenage Gynecomastia Gallery.  Here you can find pictures before and after my gynecomastia surgery performed on teenagers and adolescent males.  The small image here will link to its much larger image you can click on the details about this patient, the problem, surgical solutions, and results.

"How old should you be before considering Gynecomastia Surgery" are very common questions.  What age depends on many factors. 

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline Depressedteen

Hello.
First of all, thank you for the reply.
secondly, i wanna say that my chest looks almost identical to this chest(before the surgery obviously):
EDIT: ok, when i look again on these photos, i understand that mine is smaller. and less "pointy".

http://www.plasticsurgery4u.com/procedure_folder/male_breast/male_breast_reduction.html

is there any hope for it to regress?
my chest looks like it does now for at least 3-4 years.
is it true that only very small gyno can regress back to normal?

thanks for any reply,
Depressedteen.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2007, 12:05:59 PM by Depressedteen »

Offline J03L

• Bronze Member
Usually, gyno that's been there for over 2 years, don't go back to normal.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024