Author Topic: Removal of Stitches  (Read 5062 times)

Offline spursmania1

• Posting Member
Hi,

I had my surgery 2 days ago and the surgeon put in stitches and he said that i will have to get them removed, as i had the surgery in a different country i will be flying back home so i will need to get them taken out back home.

How much pain will i have to go through to have the stitches removed?

Offline macho

• Bronze Member
if i have to rate a pain during stitches removal,i will rate it zero.

Offline spursmania1

• Posting Member
Thanks a lot, its a relief hearing that!

Offline macho

• Bronze Member
its natural  to panic abt after surgery pain. to be honest, i was panicking too. but it wasnt painful at all. three times i thought like it will pain a lot and i will cry
1. when they removed drain tubes and bottles 
2. when they changed dressing after 3 days.
3. while removing stitches
              but it didnt pain a bit. so dont worry abt pain. i also was very scared to think abt pain but believe it wont pain. so  go for it and get it removed

DrBermant

Hi,

I had my surgery 2 days ago and the surgeon put in stitches and he said that i will have to get them removed, as i had the surgery in a different country i will be flying back home so i will need to get them taken out back home.

How much pain will i have to go through to have the stitches removed?

Comfort for suture removal can depend on the type of stitch (simple, mattress, or running subcuticular).

I have evolved my surgery such that for the superficial tissues, I typically use a variety of dissolvable sutures for optimal healing and patient comfort.  No matter how well I can minimize discomfort during my suture removal, it cannot be as comfortable as not needing to remove them in the first place.  In the unusual situation that I need removable sutures, I prefer to take them out myself.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024