Author Topic: exercise doesn't seem to be working  (Read 2869 times)

Offline TheAlias

• Posting Member
At first I thought I could lose my chest by exercise, but here's what I look like after dropping 90 lbs.

Surgery the only fix?

Offline RyanMace

• Gold Member
Ye. Doubt exercise + diet will fix that.

Offline manic91m9

• Gold Member
yer hard to tell. it seems like you might have leftover skin if you lose the rest of the weight but theres only one way to find out. you are still somewhat overweight looking so i would keep going so u can know for sure and get the best results if you do end up needing surgery.

Offline **Gynefor**

• 37 yo - 184 cm - 82 kg
You found it : surgery is the only solution unfortunaletly. Good luck

Offline TheAlias

• Posting Member
Well, it seems like I have two clear cut options:

(1) Continue working out to get a better figure "post-op" by switching to mostly weight lifting exercises from primarily cardio, and

(2) Go ahead and talk to my parents about getting a surgical operation (I can only afford to pay maybe half) to eliminate my chest and give me the ability to take my shirt off by the summer.

So what do you guys think: Wait it out a little while longer, bulk up some, or go ahead and get it done ASAP? I think I have a lot to gain from exercise still, but I plan on saying that the rest of my life.

Offline RyanMace

• Gold Member
I'd definitely lose more weight.

Offline manic91m9

• Gold Member
yeah i would definitely go the weight loss route, your parents would probably consider it more of an issue if they could see that you had lost weight and they were still there, also to my way of thinking whats the point in having a perfect chest if you are still overweight? that may be controversial because they are often independent issues but many people who don't suffer from the condition would see it that way. surgeons have repeatedly stated that surgery is easier in patients who are not overweight so why get surgery when overweight and increase the likeliness of having contour issues post-op? surgery isn't cheap and its inconvenient. losing weight is something that you can do (provided you follow the right steps) relatively easily which could dramatically improve the way you look pre and post-op.

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
def on weight loss, don't wait, important op prep to really do it right, but it'll take the op to fix what's there. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024