Author Topic: Day 3 post-op.. Alittle horrified  (Read 9847 times)

Offline wondering141

• Posting Member
 I was gonna wait till I posted.. Posted on how great everything was, give my story, and show my progress.. Wait after so many years of lurking and finally going through with this. But now things are looking a turn for the worst.. I pray, I hope, and I wish things get better from here, but as of now I am extremely scared.. Today was the day I had to remove my vest for a shower, and judging from the extreme pain I went through on day 2, I knew something was probably wrong.

Take a look. I know things are supposed to look bad just few days after surgery, but I am just freaking. I have never seen someones progress pics where you couldn't even see the nipple..

My left side looks fantastic.. my right side is monstrous. I can't even see my nipple and thats what scares me.

front view..
http://s295.photobucket.com/albums/mm147/helloyou010101/?action=view&current=DSCF0465.jpg

left side..
http://s295.photobucket.com/albums/mm147/helloyou010101/?action=view&current=DSCF0466.jpg

right side..
http://s295.photobucket.com/albums/mm147/helloyou010101/?action=view&current=DSCF0467.jpg

putting vest back on after shower.. still bleeding.
http://s295.photobucket.com/albums/mm147/helloyou010101/?action=view&current=DSCF0468.jpg

Offline donnieosmond

• Bronze Member
Judging by the bleeding, you might have some built up fluid, go see your ps!!! He might need to stick a needle in there and drain it for you. Go see your ps!

Offline johnnybot

• Silver Member
Man pretty horrible but im sure it will heal up go see your ps like the last guy said.

Offline kingboob

Where did you get that done / who is your surgeon?

Go see them A.S.A.P!

Looks like you have bleeding or fluid collection, sorry I can't spell the technical terms for it,  at very least you have severe bleeding.  If it is fluid or blood collecting you may need it draining.

You can (just) make out the nipple, and the left side looks great which is a positive.

These things are part of surgery I'm afraid, but I would admit these seem like the worse post op pics I have seen around here.... My own pics are pretty horrific but even so, that looks nasty.

please see your surgeon or at very least another doctor or nurse as soon as you possibly can......  If only to put your mind at rest

Offline Hellboy

• Bronze Member

Offline wondering141

• Posting Member
Yeah im going tomarrow. Im allot calmer than I was earlier, this is just too much. I spoke with the nurse ealier, and I really wanted to go today but my ride was busy.. I have to wait, which is hard, but im gonna pull through it. I really need to get these negative thoughts out of my head so im listening to the nurse and my friend, and just gonna wait and do this tomarrow. I will say who my ps was later, just in case. I have heard great things about him and I just dont understand any of this. My worse fear come true but we will see how things go. Thanks for the honest comments, I am getting them drained tomarrow.

Offline grathen321

• Posting Member
Yikes good luck bro, that does look sore! I am 6 days post op now and have noticed a swishing sound in the middle of my chest which I guess must be a fluid buildup. Going for my checkup on Wednesday so I guess ill ask about it then. I hope it's okay bud.

Offline The_G0rn

• Gold Member
 :o Get to your doctor ASAP. Screw "your ride" - get a taxi...Thats the scariest thing i've seen on this board...I hope they have you on some serious antibiotics at the moment as well  :-[

On the bright side these things do heal up eventually, I just hope you don't have any nasty scarring.
Surgery done 18th March 2008

Offline trojan213

• Bronze Member
Dang, have to agree with some of the others here, get a taxi and have that looked at ASAP . . . I would even consider going to ER to make sure you don't have a hematoma or infection...Good luck!!

Offline gynoisgone

• Posting Member
WOW. Hope its all ok now dude.

Offline wondering141

• Posting Member
I have had little sleep. The day was extremely long. I can't even sit to long on the pc without feeling a tighting in my chest and soon the extreme pain if im up to long. I have just been laying in bed. I will be leaving in about 40minutes for a two hour drive. Gonna get this done.

The comment about antibiotics.. No, I have none. The nurse I talked to yesterday I don't think is taking me this seriously as well. She is a nice women but they are trying to protect themselfs.. Ugh. They will know soon enough. All I have taken is tylonol for pain, and when it really kicks in it does nothing.

Offline grathen321

• Posting Member

Offline wondering141

• Posting Member
Hey Grathen, i'm doing alright I guess. I did go the other day, and yeah, fluid had built up. There extreme confidence in everything being a-ok helped me be at ease, but also sat in the back of my mind if they were just saying so.. They say its a rare thing to happen, I just had bad luck, but everything will turn out the same. it will just take longer for me to heal.

I took a week off my job for vacation, and im having to use more call off days now. The ironic thing being the surgeon wanted me to only take a day or so off to begin with, but I knew I couldn't get back to business that fast. now im having to take longer than even I expected..

So he drains me that afternoon, I look decent, allot better.. Friend drives me home, we think everythings all great.. I get in the house, about to lay down. I suddenly feel this extreme tighting in the right side of my chest again. I look down, and blood is pouring out of my vest. I run into the bathroom with my cellphone. Unable to think for a moment. I dial the surgeons office, get the dr. on the phone. He's extremely calm, tells me to lay down put pressure on the bleeding. By that time there was so much blood over my boxers and vest now pouring onto the floor. The smell was strong. I was trying to keep my mind active, never seen that much blood before. He told me this was normal(why not prepare me for this before I left?) So I do what says.. The bleeding stops. Had allot of cleaning to do.. The downside is, my chest is tight and big again on the right side. my arm feels cramped up on that side like it affected my whole body, I only feel comfortable while hunching it seems and theres a weight like feeling there.

I call the nurse the next morning right when they open, say I wanna come in again for another drain.. She says I dont need it, that it could risk a cost of infection. That I will be draining alittle bit throughout the weeks, and she wants me to go to work.. Well, there is no way I can go to work! I called off again, even if I didn't want to.

My left arm and chest is almost perfect to me. I can move it around freely now after only a week. My right arm is practically useless to me. any movement gives me an uncomfortable feeling. And she doesent understand that my job in retail, involves me doing allot of lifting and that. I just cant do it unless I wanna be bleeding all over the floor within acouple hours of starting.

Well  that was long. My little update. I know it sounds allot worse than it is, but im just gonna try to listen to them, i have no other choice. but we will see how it goes from here.

Offline ddaavviiddd

• Silver Member

Offline gynebegone2

• Bronze Member
Did you remove the pics?  I was interested in seeing them.  Hopefully things get better for you..  Good luck

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024