Author Topic: Do I have gynecomastia? Please help!  (Read 3001 times)

Offline sellsius

• Posting Member
Hello. I'm an 18 year old male. In a month I will be 19. I am 6'0 tall and weigh 242 pounds. I'm very overweight. I was wondering if anyone could tell from these pictures if I have gynecomastia?

http://img291.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gynfp4.png

I am about 45 pounds overweight, and my chest has looked like this for years now. I was not always this overweight. When i touch them, I can flatten them out to my chest, and it feels like the fat on my stomach. I can feel what seems to be small buildups under my nipples, but there is not pain like other people have described. Is it serious? Does it look like they Will they go away from exercise? Is surgery the only option? Any help would be so much appreciated.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 10:51:45 AM by sellsius »

Offline newmanby30

• Posting Member
Yes, I think you do.... although you are a little overweight, the shape of your chest suggests that it would be like that regardless of weight loss. However, my suggestion would be to try and lose some of the weight first to see what impact this has on your chest. If it reduces, keep exercising! If not, then speak to your Doctor about hormone tests etc to determine what might have caused the condition.

I hope this helps
Newman

Offline sellsius

• Posting Member
I was afraid of that... Yeah, thank you very much.

Offline matson

• Posting Member

Offline matson

• Posting Member
Ya bro. you have gyeno, you should lose some weight but you will still need surgery, sorry bro. One bit of advice, lose the weight before your surgery, otherwise your results won't be as good. Your young so if you exercise and eat clean you will be able to lose the weight fairly quickly. If you need any advice on diet or exercise, let me know.

Later

DrBermant

Hello. I'm an 18 year old male. In a month I will be 19. I am 6'0 tall and weigh 242 pounds. I'm very overweight. I was wondering if anyone could tell from these pictures if I have gynecomastia?

http://img291.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gynfp4.png

I am about 45 pounds overweight, and my chest has looked like this for years now. I was not always this overweight. When i touch them, I can flatten them out to my chest, and it feels like the fat on my stomach. I can feel what seems to be small buildups under my nipples, but there is not pain like other people have described. Is it serious? Does it look like they Will they go away from exercise? Is surgery the only option? Any help would be so much appreciated.

Check out your Body Mass Index or BMI

Weight Loss Before Plastic Surgery is typically better than losing weight after.

After weight loss, residual gynecomastia deformity can then be better managed with surgery.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024