Author Topic: 18 years old and im getting really bothered...please help!  (Read 3296 times)

Offline Therealsteve

• Posting Member
Ok, after at least a year of visiting this site on and off, I decided it was time i put up a couple pics.
My saggy chest has been bothering me ever since about age 13, and here I am 18years old ready to do something about it. I'm not sure exactly what the problem is, if its that little hormonal growth (little ball) everyone talks about behind my pecs, of if its simply fat. Let it be known I weigh 195lbs right now, and stand 6'0". I USED to weigh 250lbs when i was a sophmore in Highschool, but have been doing extensive cardio and weightlifting for about a year and a half now.

I really am concerned. I thought it was simply fat and that the cardio would get rid of these buggers right away. But here I am...lost about 60lbs and theyre still theyre, always on my subconscious.

I even made an excuse to not go to swim with this girl that I really like the other day. This is truly getting on my nerves.
Tell me what you think... Thanks for any help!
BTW, whats the average cost to fix this? I mean, I hear insurance doesn't cover it which is really sad, especially for my financial standing...im still covered under my parents insurance but I guess they won't cover it because it's considered cosmetic?

Thats another problem, I dont know how to bring it up to my parents. Really embarhessed  ??? :-\
Thanks for any recommendations/help at all! Im turning to you guys for help!

Please note that everything above the thumb in the second pic is pure muscle...I just don't get it :/
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 05:04:03 PM by Therealsteve »

Offline tenncast

• Silver Member
sucks doesn't it....
i'm not a doctor but i sometimes think that we look for answers as to what or to why it is...and the truth is that they - the breasts - just are what they are.

Yea, you need surgery...looks like you have lots of extra skin. I had surgery when I was over 40...and it sure is nice to not have to hide them...Funny thing now is that I wonder why I was so embarrased when i had them. now I wonder why i just didn't tell my parents when i was young or go sooner than 40 to get them fixed.

you are lucky that you have this tool...it makes finding a doctor and talking about this so much easier. Call a good doctor yourself. You could get it done for 3-6000.....do it..you will be glad you did. looks like you are a good looking guy...don't let something like this ruin your summers.!!!

Offline john_loren

• Bronze Member
Unfortunately, it looks like you have mostly an excess/sagging skin issue.  If you have traditional surgey, your pecs will just end up looking more deflated and saggy;  if you have skin reduction, you'll be left with extensive/unsightly scarring.  Since you've only been working out for a year 1/2, I'd just keep at it -- your results are bound to be better than surgery at this point.

Offline Therealsteve

• Posting Member
Unfortunately, it looks like you have mostly an excess/sagging skin issue.  If you have traditional surgey, your pecs will just end up looking more deflated and saggy;  if you have skin reduction, you'll be left with extensive/unsightly scarring.  Since you've only been working out for a year 1/2, I'd just keep at it -- your results are bound to be better than surgery at this point.

I KINDA feel what you have to say is correct. While I'd like to believe that a simple (yet costly, to me anyway) surgery would solve the issue, I just don't know if its the gland thats sticking them out. Like you can see in the pictures, i have excess skin I guess we'd call it hanging off the muscle part of my chest, and kinda wrapping around slightly. If i were to let my arms relax, I would have flabby skin under my armpits.

Kinda a bummer. Does anyone know any good workout routines perhaps to help aid cardio in getting rid of it??

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I agree with the previous answers. It looks like the skin stretched due to your previous obesity. If the skin was not stretched beyond its elastic limits, I could shrink back somewhat over time. If it was stretched beyond its elastic limits, you'll need to have the excess skin removed. I suspect your situation is the latter.

Hopefully one of the Drs. will look in on this and comment. 

I think we really need to hear from a professional.
Grandpa Dan

Offline MSJ108

I agree with the previous answers. It looks like the skin stretched due to your previous obesity. If the skin was not stretched beyond its elastic limits, I could shrink back somewhat over time. If it was stretched beyond its elastic limits, you'll need to have the excess skin removed. I suspect your situation is the latter.

Hopefully one of the Drs. will look in on this and comment. 

I think we really need to hear from a professional.

I agree. My guess is that you will need to have a lift and find a doc who has a lot of experience with lifts to minimize scarring.

Offline Therealsteve

• Posting Member
you know, the funny thing is, my dad has the same thing going for him...that means it has to be genes I would guess. And he really never was obese.
Just another observation...but yeah a professional is definitely the way to go

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024