Author Topic: Surgery on Aug 18th  (Read 2667 times)

Offline ellington7

• Bronze Member
I decided to begin a countdown log chronicalizing life pre op.  I live in seattle, wa and will be having revisionary surgery with Phil haeck.  I did my homework on this guy and it turns out that he's board certified by the AMA (american medical association of plastic surgeons) and he's done a number of Gynecomastia surgeries in the past, so this is a good start right?  Anyways...This will be my second surgery as the first one turned out to be a pathetic joke.  I ended up getting a cosmetic doc that was all about lypo,and either didn't know  how, or was terrified of excising the gland, so I ended up with a result which is common to alot of people on here which is looking good after surgery for about a month, then looking horrible again once the healing takes place.  My damn chest looked only about 20 % better with the nipps still sagging when warm, and the cone shapped breast look coming back.  This is mentally draining folks. I mean, you finally become optimistic after being so pessimistic about the prospects of this thing ever changing, and then you experience this which makes you feel stupid for ever thinking it could ever get better. Since my 1st surgery a year and a half ago I've once again become a recluse.  I wear big shirts and coats inthe summer heat, but Suicide started to seem to tempting, so I was once again forced to explore the idea of having surgery, but this time with someone who had all the credentials, and an extensive background with successfully executing these types of surgeries.  I had my consultation on thur. and DR. Haeck confirmed that I had a gland problem on both sides.  He said that I had something like an A cup, and that it would require excision and lypo, not just lypo.  He said that he wished I would hae come to him first, because it's easier for a doc to work on a virgin breast, but that since it had been over a year since the first op, that the scar tissue should be very minimal.  He told me that he was sure he could do a great job, but that he wanted to be straight with me a let me know that the level of success would be known only when he's cut me open and seen the extent of the scaring since the last surgery.   He said that only when he gets inside  will he know how difficult the contouring will be, and that I should expect for perfection, but to be realistic.  Do you think he's lowering expectations because he doesn't think it will be a successfull surgery, or is he just being real with me?  I'm at my wits end folks, and if this thing doesn't go well, I don't know where that will leave me.  I am mentally drained.  I just want to be normal...is that too much to ask..

I will keep you all posted, and no...I will not hurt myself, so don't worry, I'll just grow older and become apart of the percentage of men who don't leave there houses or have a life because of this thing....

Offline Clandestine

• Bronze Member
It sounds to me like the guy is being honest and truthful.

Last thing you want is some "wide boy" promising you the world, and not delivering.

He's right what he says, if this is a revision then the end result will depend somewhat on what the last PS did.

Good luck!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024