Author Topic: 45 years old, Klinefelters Syndrome  (Read 4599 times)

Offline ratzilla

• I am Yin & Yang
    • my My Space
Just found this Site tonight and joined.

I have almost always known I have Gynecomastia, but, just recently learned why, I have Klinefelters Syndrome.

Just currious what you would rate mine at?

I am Yin & Yang, North & South, Night & Day, Feminine & Masculine

To achieve a solid self worth, there comes a time when it becomes necessary to be open about that self.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I do not make it a practice to check the Photos, I was here looking for something else and found you.

It is not usual for me to rate people either. Since the effects of Gynecomastia are more Psychological than Physical; It comes down to the fact that size really makes no difference.

Your case is different though so I will violate my own self imposed rules.

On a scale of 1-10, With 1 being a flat chested male and 10 being a full breasted female; I don't know, having only a single view makes it hard to say. Perhaps a 7 or 8.

I'd be interested in some other statistics. Height, Weight, Age etc.

We get questions from time to time about Klinefelters Syndrome. Perhaps you could enlighten us about the condition.

Please visit the general forum, That is where I usually hang out.
Grandpa Dan

Offline ratzilla

• I am Yin & Yang
    • my My Space
Things always seem to work out...

I am glad you found my post, and I thank you for your responce.

O.K. Statistics

45 years old (duh you already knew that)
6 foot 2 inches tall
220 pounds
underbust measures 36 inches
across fullest portion 40 inches

DrBermant

Just found this Site tonight and joined.

I have almost always known I have Gynecomastia, but, just recently learned why, I have Klinefelters Syndrome.

Just currious what you would rate mine at?

There can be a great deal of Emotion of Living with Klinefelter's Syndrome.  Treatment for those with low testosterone can really make a difference.

Gynecomastia is a common symptom of Klinefelter's Syndrome.  Some are concerned, other Klinefelter Patients with Gynecomastia do not mind having enlarged breasts.

When weight is an issue, weight loss before plastic surgery is usually better than weight loss after.  For drooping ches

When excess skin on the male chest causes drooping or ptosis a compromise about the excess skin needs to be considered.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline ratzilla

• I am Yin & Yang
    • my My Space
I don’t look at it as something that needs to be fixed, or corrected anymore.  It’s like having green eyes or a birth mark, its who I am.

Klinefelter’s syndrome is a genetic difference from the general norm, and one of my favorite phrases, came from CSI, “ Our DNA is what we are, not who we are “.

I cried when I learned I had Klinefelter’s (I was 44 years old), not because I had a condition, but, because I now had answers to why things have been the way they have in my life, starting with kindergarten, I was put through kindergarten twice because it was believed my verbal skill were not ready for 1st grade, one of the first signs of Klinefelter’s is slow development of verbal skills.

When my wife read the possible symptoms of Klinefelter’s, she asked, where’s the line at the end that says see Marshall (that’s me). I do have well over ¾’s of the possible symptoms, my physician had been doing tests on me for years to try and find reasons for my various conditions like Gynecomastia.  I was visiting with a group of High School kids one day, and had mentioned I had to go for more blood tests, they were curious and asked what for, and I explained some of my conditions, and they said, the were studying a genetic condition in class called Klinefelter’s and that it has several of those conditions. I immediately looked it up and said WOW! I told my physician and he said he had never heard of it, he too looked it up and agreed and ordered the Karyotype.

Thank you for the links Michael Bermant

Offline ddaavviiddd

• Silver Member
I am a lil confused.  If your condition does not bother you then why do you want us to rate it ?  Most people ask  us to rate there gyno to see if they really have gyno.  There are many times that peeps have posted a pic of there chest and they are normal.  And other times it can be quite severe and  useally we try to give them positive advice about there condition and where to get it fixed ( best doctors )    But to just want us to rate your gyno just to rate is is a lil strange but here we go ..    9.5.........lol 

Offline ratzilla

• I am Yin & Yang
    • my My Space
"If your condition does not bother you then why do you want us to rate it ? "

I have never known anyone that has Gyne, or met anyone with it.

My doctor does not have a clue about Gynecomastia, and could not tell me if my condition was mild, normal or severe.  I was naturally curious about the severity of mine.

"Most people ask  us to rate there gyno to see if they really have gyno."

I knew I had Gynecomastia back in my teens.  I try to limit activities where I run or do alot of jumping around, these things weighing about a pound each, cause pain across the top of my shoulder area, either that or I wear support to keep them from bouncing around.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024