Author Topic: DOES WEED MAKE IT WORSE!????  (Read 7072 times)

Offline PAINFULLYOUTH

• Posting Member
I've heard around the net that smoking weed could be a cause for developping gyne but i find it hard to believe because i smoke weed and have gyne but everyone else i know who smokes weed doe's not have this problem.

hopefully we can get rid of this myth!

Offline creator8

• Posting Member
i use "weed" to control my bi polar1 disorder. I use in the morning and night everyday for the last 3 years. I had gyno b4 i started using it, and it didnt make it any difference. It is just a myth.

Offline outkast

• Bronze Member
wtf do u mean by polar1 disorder...?

Offline moobius

• Gold Member

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Short of actually taking Estrogen, I doubt if anything will always cause Gynecomastia.

There are a lot of things that increase the liklihood of Gynecomastia in "some" people even though many people are not affected in that way.

Does Marijuana actually cause Gynecomastia? No, but it does increase the risk.

The Question then is: Does the desired effect outweigh the potential risk?

If you are reading this, we will presume that you are susceptible to Gynecomastia. That your risk level is already high. Using anything that would increase that risk level, even slightly, is really rather stupid.

Only my opinion of course, but i think it is a valid opinion. Anyone who wants to differ does not need my permission to do so.
Grandpa Dan

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline Personal1

• Bronze Member
I've heard around the net that smoking weed could be a cause for developping gyne but i find it hard to believe because i smoke weed and have gyne but everyone else i know who smokes weed doe's not have this problem.

hopefully we can get rid of this myth!

only one way to found out, go out and smoke some.

I've been sober for 2 years with marijuana due to gynecomastia (i think), and im ready to give it another go soon, and i will see what happens, if it gets worste or not. ill let you guys know.

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
my take is that's like saying since not everyone that smokes gets lung cancer, they must be unconnected.  i hate gyne enough though that even if i did weed, which i don't, i'd kick it because i didn't want the risk of having it (and the cost of a second op) again. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024