Author Topic: 5 weeks after surgery,  left nipple saggy  (Read 3911 times)

Offline throwback111

• Posting Member
I got my surgery 5 weeks ago, I got it cause my nipples were pretty puffy.  Now my left nipple sags a bit over the scar below. I never got a vest or anything like that. It still hurts a bit when i touch it.

Do you guys think the swelling will go down? Should i get one of those vests? Should i get it checked out?

thanks

Offline Spleen

The scar on that side looks unusually large.  I'm almost 3 weeks and the scar is invisible.  There is some wrinklling to the areola close to the incision site, but nothing close to what you appear to be experiencing.  Did you talk to your doc?

Offline throwback111

• Posting Member
I have not talked to him about it yet, I guess im gonna go see him next week

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
Man, I don't know what is up with these docs NOT providing compression garments. I think it is oh so critical to good healing.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Man, I don't know what is up with these docs NOT providing compression garments. I think it is oh so critical to good healing.

Dr. Fielding says compression garments aren't necessary. He feels that the tenosr wrap that the hospital gives you is adequate and he's suposedly one of the best gynecomastia docs in Canada.

I bought an Ab Binder compression wrap to use post-op. It was perfect! Adequate binding and was easy to put on and take off.  ;)

John.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2005, 11:26:49 AM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Do you guys think the swelling will go down? Should i get one of those vests? Should i get it checked out?

thanks

Don't see any swelling in your pics...

At 5 weeks, getting a compression garment now, probably wont do you much good. However, it may have helped if you had used one from day 1. Looks like the incision has separated while healing. But then, I am only a Press Jockey and not a Plastic Surgeon, so what do I know. :P

Yeah, talk to your PS about it. He'll probably tell ya to wait a year to see 'full' results though. I agree with that. Hey, everyone heals differently. Give it time Dude! Let your body heal on its own terms!  ;)

John.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2005, 11:49:57 AM by Bambu »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024